Posted on 6/15/2022
San Francisco, CA, USA • New York, NY, USA
- Thoughtful problem-solving: For you, problem-solving starts with a clear and accurate understanding of the context. You can decompose tricky problems and work towards a clean solution, by yourself or with teammates. You're comfortable asking for help when you get stuck
- Pragmatic and business-oriented: You care about business impact and prioritize projects accordingly. You're not just going after cool stuff-you understand the balance between craft, speed, and the bottom line
- Put users first: You think critically about the implications of what you're building, and how it shapes real people's lives. You understand that reach comes with responsibility for our impact-good and bad
- Not ideological about technology: To you, technologies and programming languages are about tradeoffs. You may be opinionated, but you're not ideological and can learn new technologies as you go
- Empathetic communication: You communicate nuanced ideas clearly, whether you're explaining technical decisions in writing or brainstorming in real time. In disagreements, you engage thoughtfully with other perspectives and compromise when needed
- Team player: For you, work isn't a solo endeavor. You enjoy collaborating cross-functionally to accomplish shared goals, and you care about learning, growing, and helping others to do the same
- Drive growth initiatives from ideation to execution: You will generate growth ideas, run high-velocity experiments, and ship features to all new users
- Launch features across our stack: Your work will span multiple product surfaces, often requiring us to build full stack: front-end, server-side, and events / data flows
- Build the team from 0→ 1: Acquisition is a newly formed team. You will shape its foundations and initial strategy as one of the first members
- Bring the product growth mindset to Notion: Be the torchbearer for a culture of swift experimentation, quantified impact, and rapid iteration
- Partner closely with GTM teams: You'll work closely with marketing and sales to drive cross-functional growth initiatives
- Deeply understand our users: Develop acquisition strategies by deeply understanding our users' personas, pain points, and customer journey
- Experience working in Growth engineering at another company
- A history of strong cross-functional collaboration with marketing, sales, and/or other non-technical teams
- You've heard of computing pioneers like Ada Lovelace, Douglas Engelbart, Alan Kay, and others-and understand why we're big fans of their work
- You have interests outside of technology, such as in art, history, or social sciences
Notion's mission is to make toolmaking ubiquitous. The company operates an all-in-one productivity platform that enables users to create tools and collaborate easily.
- Medical, dental & vision insurance
- Mental health & wellbeing package
- Parental leave
- Fertility coverage
- Retirement matching
- Commuter benefits
- Monthly stipend
Company Core Values
- Be an owner of the mission: We’re driven by our commitment to empower every person on the planet to use software exactly the way they want.
- Be a pace setter: We move with urgency so we can set the cadence for our market, cover more ground, and ship more great products and programs for our users, faster.
- Be a truth seeker: We pursue the best data, ideas, and solutions with rigor and open-mindedness, always guided by our users’ most pressing needs.
- Be kind and direct: We deliver feedback in the spirit of helping our colleagues improve, balancing sensitivity with caring honesty. We’re in this together.