Founders Factory is unlike anywhere else. We create entirely new products from scratch and turn promising concepts into prototypes, and ultimately an MVP, validating decisions commercially along the way to attract a founding team that can spin out into a fully-fledged business.
Project Renbee is one of our latest products developed at the Factory and now we need a Tech Lead to join our CEO to help build this business.
🧐 What is the Renbee concept at high level?
Cowboy builders simply aren’t good enough. Reputable renewables installers have to compete on price with cowboys, homeowners don’t know who they can trust to come into their house and not ruin it. We create a curated platform that reinstates the trust between homeowner, installer and can provide embedded finance on the back of that to turbo charge the net zero transition. Read more here. -https://www.renbee.co.uk/
⏰ Why now?
The climate crisis has shone a spotlight on the need to decarbonise our homes, the cost of living crisis has shifted economics to make the payback to shifting to Solar PV, heat pumps etc. even more attractive. Now’s the time to strike and disrupt the cycle.
🍏 The Impact
If we can raise the bar for installers, we raise the bar for homeowners and finally for financial institutions to help accelerate finance to both sides. In turn, that will accelerate the movement, one good installer can address 10 homes a month so there’s a factor 10 effect. By creating a quality first platform, this will lead to faster decarbonisation, reduce the costs for all parties and increase confidence at the cold face to invest in more green jobs.
As part of the founding team you will be an instrumental part of shaping the product & business strategy. You will own the tech strategy and manage day-to-day engineering execution. Looking ahead, you will be responsible for helping grow the team and set up the technical capabilities of the business for growth.
Interesting technical challenges include:
- Design the tech stack for the platform that can scale from MVP to hyper growth
- Developing the platform integration with multiple best-in-class embedded finance providers including
- Designing a secure and scalable API integration and expose capabilities to 3rd partiesIntegrating a smooth payments experience for both sides of the marketplace
- Taking charge of platform development, making key decisions on technical architecture
- Delivering the MVP, enabling us to test, iterate and serve our growing membership base
- Ensuring the systems architecture and infrastructure is scalable and can support growth
- Feeding into product strategy and identifying opportunities to quickly deliver customer value
- Partnering with and navigating the embedded finance provider’s tech teams to easily integrate with our platform
You will have the following skills
- Demonstrated ability to deliver product in a tech startup environment
- Confidence over the full stack of web development, preferably Node.js or Python for backend, React for frontend and AWS for infrastructure
- Experience with API Integrations
- Ability to inspire and build a team
- Entrepreneurial spirit, flexibility and willingness to work across a range of areas and grittiness to operate in a start-up environment
What’s in it for you?
- As part of the founding team, a significant equity position in the business
- A salary from the Founders Factory initial investment meaning you don’t have to worry about fundraising early on
- Autonomy to build & scale the product as YOU best see fit
- Hands-on operational support from a team of smart and passionate people from Founders Factory
- Unparalleled access to FF partners and wider network (for life!)
- A unique opportunity to build a business that will scale.
We are committed to building a diverse culture and are eager to receive applications from all backgrounds. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination.