As a Technical Writer III on League Studio’s Tech Foundations team, you will act as the guide for developing a high-quality documentation program related to various end-user art and design workflows, as well as game development software applications. This includes both curation and editing of documentation as well as designing the ongoing process for managing the documentation program for League Studio technologies.
You’ll work closely with a team of tech artists, engineers, and end-users across League Studio games (League of Legends PC, Teamfight Tactics) to craft awesome content, ensure end-user success, and adoption of tools and workflow best practices for both art and engineering disciplines. You will report to the Director of Engineering on Tech Foundations.
- Conducting interviews/strategy sessions with product owners, engineers, solutions architects, and others to gather information to create and/or edit content
- Developing templates and documentation standards and other related repositories and structures as needed
- Owning the content development process, including facts gathering, quality assurance, file organization and management, and presenting code samples
- Identify problems and suggest ways to better deliver accurate, complete, and well-written content that all meaningful audience levels understand (technical and non-technical)
- Work with technical writers on partner teams to ensure quality standards and ongoing compliance
- Minimum of 6 years in technical writing in the tech industry
- Bachelor’s Degree in CS or another related technical/communications field
- Extensive experience working with technology teams, or within the tech space, to help document processes, procedures, user guides, and diagrams for systems
- Proficiency with MarkDown HTML text editor, and Google content suite (Docs, Sheets)
- Experience with multi-media content editing tools (Adobe Creative Suite)
- Validated experience creating and developing technical content
- Experience designing and developing large-scale user success and content development processes
- Champion of fundamental technical writing disciplines and principles
- Ability to learn highly technical products quickly
- Understanding of source control systems and maintaining multiple versions of content
For this role, you’ll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about players’ experiences, this could be your role!
Riot focuses on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy and other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pagesfor more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by theSummoner’s CodeandCommunity Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving togetherand our ongoing work to build themost inclusive company in Gaming.
(Los Angeles Only) Base salary range between $126,000 USD - $176,400 USD + incentive compensation + equity + 401K with company match + medical, dental, vision, and life insurance + short and long-term disability + open PTO.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant’s criminal history (LAMC 189.00).