Senior Distributed Systems Engineer
Posted on 2/19/2022
San Francisco, CA, USA • Remote • New York, NY, USA • Denver, CO, USA
Google Cloud Platform
- 5+ years of industry experience
- Experience working on stream processing systems in production using technologies similar to Apache Kafka, Flink, Spark, Druid etc
- You have built meaningful solutions in a cloud computing environment like AWS, GCP etc
- Solid experience with SQL
- Ability to turn requirements into production ready solutions with minimal guidance
- Reliable Transport Engine → We are building a world class streaming architecture using Apache Kafka. We would like our products to communicate with each other in a scalable, secure way
- Self Serve Processing Platform → To shorten the time to insight, we are building a platform to allow real time access to our streaming data. We expect members of different teams such as our data analysts, growth teams, to have all they need in order to process event and app data in realtime
- Be an owner as you architect, build, and refine our data infrastructure technologies that enable other teams to work with data
- Build high performance streaming pipelines to handle our clickstream and app produced data
- Take full ownership of the solutions you build. This means analyzing requirements, building them, monitoring them in production, and troubleshooting problems that arise
- Work as part of a team. We value team players who share their knowledge and like collaborating with others
Cloud-based payroll, benefits, and human resource management solution
Gusto's mission is to help companies put people first. The company operates an online payroll, health benefits, and workers' compensation platform.
- It’s a marathon, not a sprint: Employees celebrating 5 or 10 years at Gusto enjoy a month-long sabbatical to travel and relax after all their hard work.
- Meals and conversations: Free meals, snacks, and drinks to keep us fueled, but more importantly: they bring people together and foster community.
- Wellness for every body: We’re proud to offer inclusive health care such as hormone treatments, gender-affirming surgery, therapy, family planning, and more.
- The time you need: Our flexible PTO policy means every employee is encouraged to take the time they need now to keep doing great work, long term.
- Family-friendly benefits: Fertility treatments, primary and secondary parental leave, sleep coaching, house cleaning for new parents, and more.
- Be well, be you: Get free, comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits, plus a monthly fitness stipend and mental health resources too.
Company Core Values
- Embody a service mindset: Never stop advocating for the needs of others.
- Dream big, then make it real: Be ambitious. Show and do is greater than tell and talk.
- Be proud of the how: Ensure deep integrity in everything you do.
- Embrace an ownership mentality: Take initiative to leave things better than you found them.
- Debate then commit: Share openly, question respectfully, and once a decision is made, commit fully.
- Build with humility: Put collective success before individual achievements.