Guidance – Navigation
And Control Engineer
Posted on 11/2/2022
Dayton, OH, USA • King of Prussia, PA, USA • Niceville, FL, USA
- Application of 6-DOF simulation environments to evaluate missile designs
- Autopilots/Control Systems -design and develop autopilots for aerodynamic- or DACS- controlled missiles
- MATLAB / Simulink - demonstrated experience in developing MATLAB / Simulink based control architectures, with the ability to integrate propulsion controls with missile or kill vehicle control logic
- Modeling of Seekers - experience in modeling the performance of EO/IR and RF seekers, including gimbaled seekers, conformal seekers, AESA based seekers, and/or strap down seekers
- Scripting - the use of Python or other scripting languages to perform large numbers of simulations and experience with Monte Carlo type design space exploration
- SWIL/HWIL testing - prior experience in proving out control software using SWIL or HWIL testing
- Familiarity and the ability to apply metrics such as NEZ, F-Pole, and other air-to-air combat metrics
Scientific & engineering systems integration service
Leidos’s mission is to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient through technology, engineering, and science. The company is a leader in systems integration and technical solutions while working closely with all branches of the U.S. military, the U.S. Department of Defense, other U.S. government civil agencies, and also customers in select markets across the globe.
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Health Savings account
- Income protection
- Paid parental leave
- Jury duty pay
- Bereavement leave
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Family Benefits
Company Core Values
- Integrity: Is having the courage to make tough ethical decisions, taking pride in our work, being transparent with our team, and being respectful of everyone.
- Inclusion: Is fostering a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone.
- Innovation: Is not limited to our engineers and scientists. It is acting as a catalyst. Being tenacious and curious to help us excel and be a part of a learning organization.
- Agility: Is being flexible, creative, and resilient. It is our ability to think and act small while using the size and strength of our balance sheet to our advantage.
- Collaboration: Is being team-oriented and proactively engaging to meet shared objectives. It is about building relationships and staying connected with each other.
- Commitment: Is being accountable, taking ownership, modeling servant leadership, and operating with a sense of urgency to our customers and teams.