Senior Software Engineer
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Burlingame, CA, USA
- Versatile: You are proficient in several programming languages and technologies. You take a creative and strategic approach to solving hard problems
- An Owner: You can balance contributions to multiple projects
- A Fast Learner: You can ramp up quickly, which is necessary to understand and solve problems
- Team Oriented: You lift up your peers and find ways to make the team stronger
- 4+ years of experience building scalable backend services
- 4+ years of experience building REST or GraphQL-based APIs with compiled languages such as Go, Python, C#, or Java
- 2+ years of experience leading an engineering team or driving the execution of impactful projects
- Experience working with DynamoDB, Cassandra, MySQL, PostgreSQL, or other database technology
- Experience with data pipelines with Kafka, Hive, Presto, Spark or similar data warehousing technologies
- Experience building caching solutions using Memcached, Redis, or similar technologies
- Experience with web application security including authentication, authorization, and auditing
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Applied Math, Physics, Engineering, or another technical field
- Help build large distributed services and tools used by other teams to detect and address problematic content on Roblox. These systems will involve high availability, security (authentication and access control), data integrity, and both automated and human workflows
- Manage end-to-end solutions from creation to deployment - including implementation, testing, deployment and observability
- Resolve a variety of performance issues (networking, data, compute)
- Help establish next-generation standards on the backend web and service stack
Game platform and game creation system
Roblox’s mission is to bring the world together through play. They enable anyone to imagine, create, and have fun with friends as they explore millions of immersive 3D experiences, all built by a global community of developers.
- Benefits and Perks - The health and well-being of our employees and their families is our top priority. We offer robust and comprehensive programs with variety to best meet your needs.
- Well-Being Benefits - With flexible time off and a bi-annual, company-wide spring/summer recharge, Roblox knows how to balance working hard with winding down.
- Financial Benefits - Competitive compensation packages, 401(k) matching, and flexible share incentives that let you choose how to share in our success.
- Health and Wellness - Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits, family planning resources, and 12 weeks off for all new parents.
- Flexible Workplace - Our hybrid work schedule balances working onsite and working remotely. Enjoy daily lunch and an in-house fitness center when working from our San Mateo headquarters.
Company Core Values
- Inspire Others
- Work Hard
- Respect the Community
- Get Stuff Done