Electrical Design Engineer
Posted on 10/19/2022
Palo Alto, CA, USA
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering (or related fields) with 1-3 years experience or Master's degree with 1+ years experience
- Deep understanding of SoC architecture and proficiency in Linux based OS
- Excellent communication skills to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Deep understanding of camera interfaces and lab proficiency - knowledge of equipment and good lab practices
- Strong fundamentals in signal and power integrity
- Experience in optimizing PCB stack-ups for reliability, cost, and manufacturability
- Design for EMI/EMC and root cause analyses
- Proficiency in schematic capture and design layout tools
- Salary Range/Hourly Rate for California-Based Applicants: $130,000.00 - $150,000.00 (actual compensation will be determined based on experience, location, and other factors permitted by law)
- Benefits Summary: Rivian provides robust medical/Rx, dental, and vision insurance packages for full-time employees, their spouse or domestic partner, and children up to age 26. Coverage is effective on the first day of employment, and Rivian covers most of the premiums
- In this role you will integrate product development of ADAS ECUs from design concept through production!
- Support PCBA floor-planning, high speed design, thermal strategy, layout constraints, EMI/EMC optimization, PI/SI, and mechanical integration
- Work cross-functionally with software and architecture teams to support SoC selection
- Create hardware test requirements, document the requirements, and participate in the validation of the product against its requirements
- Coordinate with contract manufacturers to ramp manufacture of ADAS products
- Coordinate with software teams to ensure hardware and software integration requirements are implemented correctly at all levels of the stack, on the bench and within the system
- Participate and guide the integration of ADAS ECUs into the overall vehicle platform
- Identify and implement process improvements that allow for agile development while maintaining engineering rigor
- Collaborate with reliability and functional safety teams to create and review DFMEA, PFMEA, FTA, and DFMEDA analyses
- Understanding of ISO26262 processes
- Experience in Python and/or C scripting (primarily to support HW bring up and test)
- Experience using simulation tools such as Matlab or PSpice for worst case circuit analyses
- Experience designing FPGAs
Electric vehicles manufacturer
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. The company believes there is a more responsible way to explore the world and is determined to make the transition to sustainable transportation an exciting one. Rivian designed their emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles to challenge what's possible.
- Ownership for All: We offer every employee the opportunity to own Rivian stock through equity programs, supporting their financial wellness.
- Mental and Emotional Wellness: We provide employees and their families access to mental wellness platforms and our Employees Assistance Program
- Fertility and Family Planning: We support diverse family-building journeys, providing employees with benefits such as paid parental leave and financial support for adoption, fertility treatments or surrogacy.
- Competitive Compensation: We offer competitive compensation packages driven by mutual investment in our long-term growth and success.
- Career Development: We enable all employees to own their development. Continuous learning opportunities and tuition reimbursement help drive performance, boost engagement and develop future leaders.
- Transgender Benefits: In alignment with WPATH guidelines, our 2022 plans provide coverage toward medical, pharmacy and cosmetic needs.
Company Core Values
- A diverse workforce
- Embracing active allyship
- Purpose-driven partnerships
- Supporting our team