To Our Interested Applicants:
We’ve received several notifications of scams and fraud attempts recently of agencies or groups pretending to be members of our HR and recruiting teams.
If you receive any suspicious emails, please use the ‘contact us’ function on this site to let us know.
In general, please take note of the email address from which the message was sent to you. All official communication regarding hiring will come from Singularity 6. All other accounts should be treated as a scam attempt until confirmed by the S6 team.
Our open positions are currently listed on our careers page. When in doubt, apply directly to the role on our website. We do not ask for private information such as bank accounts, credit cards, or other accounts as part of our interview process.
Forge alternate worlds that deepen players’ lives! We’re a game development studio based in Los Angeles, dedicated to the idea that online games can deliver deeper, more meaningful experiences.
As an Engineering Manager on the Meta team, you’ll lead and build a team of talented engineers to partner with our product manager and publishing leads to achieve a cohesive engineering vision that enhances the player experience at every turn. The Meta team’s vision is to help players build lasting connections in a fantasy world where finding social expression and social belonging are paramount.
Expectations and Responsibilities:
- Build and organize two high-performing engineering pods in the Meta team with a total of 10-15 engineers
- Cultivate long-term growth in our talent and continue to build upon a culture of collaboration and productivity
- Help architect, evolve, and implement our engineering development practices
- Ensure direct reports meet their product team’s expectations as well as engineering performance expectations
- Build relationships with external teams across the studio to ensure they successfully collaborate with the Meta team
What We’re Looking For:
- 10+ years of experience as a software engineer
- 3+ years of experience managing and hiring internal software engineers
- Demonstrated proficiency in web and microservices
- Experience implementing and running multiple types of software development processes
Nice to Have:
- Effective at working in cross-discipline teams to achieve a shared mission
- Experience with Unreal game development
- Experience with Rust
- Motivated by creating great games
The Los Angeles base salary range for this full-time position is$180,000 - $260,000 annually. Base salary will be determined by role, level, and location. The range listed for each job is the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the positions across S6-approved states. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors. Please discuss your specific salary expectations for your preferred location during our interview process.
Compensation details reflect only the base salary, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits such as 401k matching.
- Choice of Remote (in approved states) or Hybrid office options in Los Angeles, CA, or Orange County, CA (office location pending) unless noted above
- Aligned to core Pacific Coast hours (10:00am - 4:00pm PT)
- Remote eligible locations: California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Massachusetts, Michigan, Nevada, New York, North Carolina, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Texas, Utah, Virginia, and Washington
Full-Time Employee Benefits:
- Health, Vision, Dental, 401k Matching, and Equity
- Relocation Assistance
With our first project, we’re exploring new styles of game design and tackling difficult technical problems to create a game that’s beautiful and intricate, delivering far more than superficial entertainment or basic wish fulfillment, an experience that becomes a meaningful part of your life. Our vision is to create a compelling virtual universe filled with rich and diverse gameplay experiences and social interactions that will keep you playing for years, evolving along with you and the rest of the community. We want our players to feel valued as well as to have a true sense of belonging.
Sounds ambitious? We think so too. If you’re interested in the challenge of building a new genre, in making rewarding interactive and community experiences filled with amazing art and world-class technology to support this living world, join us on the journey.
We are proud to be an equal-opportunity workplace committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity, equity, and inclusion. We consider all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Singularity 6 is moving to remote-choice, giving the option to our team members to either work remotely in our supported states or work hybrid onsite in our offices for most of our roles. Remote work is approved in these locations: CA, CO, CT, FL, GA, ID, IL, MA, MI, NV, NY, NC, OR, PA, TX, UT, VA, and WA. Hybrid onsite work is available in Los Angeles, CA office, and our upcoming office in Orange County, CA. Some roles might have full onsite requirements. Prospective employees outside these locations are welcome to apply—offers will be contingent upon relocating to an approved state or province on or before Day One of employment. This policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.
To all recruitment agencies: Singularity 6 does not accept unsolicited resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our careers alias, or any Singularity 6 employee. Singularity 6 will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes.