Information Architect (Technical Writer)
Posted on 2/2/2022
Remote in USA
- 7+ years of experience as an information architect and/or technical writer
- Extensive experience at a senior level in at least one, preferably multiple larger technology organizations (200+ engineers)
- Ability to understand organizational issues and work to create strategies that are a fit with Affirm's unique strengths and challenges
- Project management skills
- Ability to own and drive new initiatives without detailed direction
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A BA or BS in a related field (English or Computer Science), or equivalent experience
- Work closely with engineers across the org and Engineering leadership to craft a cohesive documentation strategy
- Bring your in-depth knowledge of industry best practices to Affirm
- Effectively project-manage rollout and implementation of new practices and processes
Point of sale installment loans for consumers
Affirm seeks to deliver honest financial products—to improve lives. The company operates a buy-now-pay-later platform for consumers at the point of sale.
- Spending wallets: Access tech, food, lifestyle, and family planning wallets for your expenses
- Supportive communities: Get involved with our employee resource groups and community groups
- Remote-first workforce: If your role is remote, you can set up shop anywhere in your home country
- Generous time off: Take the time you need when life happens
- Health benefits: Get a plan that fits your needs
- Mental healthcare: Take care of your mind with great mental health programs
- Parental leave: Birth and non-birth parents get 18 weeks paid leave. Plus, a 4-week return-to-work transition program, at full base pay.
- Compensation: We have a simple, flexible, and transparent remote-first compensation structure so you can make the best decisions for yourself and your family.
- Away days: We offer 24 company-wide paid days off—which help our teams collectively pause to recharge.
- Learning & development: Engage in exciting learning programs to level up your growth.
- People come first: We consider our impact on people’s lives before we think about our own interests.
- No fine print: We are completely transparent and honest—with our customers and with each other.
- It's on us: We take full accountability for our actions, never shirking responsibility or passing the buck.
- Simpler is better: We make complex things simple and clear.
- Push the envelope: We never stop innovating, taking smart risks, and raising the bar.