Contrast Security is the world’s leading provider of security technology that enables software applications to protect themselves against cyberattacks, heralding the new era of self-protecting software. Contrast’s patented deep security instrumentation is the breakthrough technology that enables highly accurate assessment and always-on protection of an entire application portfolio without disruptive scanning or expensive security experts. Only Contrast has sensors that work actively inside applications to uncover vulnerabilities, prevent data breaches, and secure the entire enterprise from development to operations to production.
About the Position
We are seeking a talented Channel focused Sales Engineer with significant security expertise who will provide technical leadership to support our Channel Partners. This unique position seeks an individual that is a creative thinker who will be a member of the Global Sales Engineering team while supporting the Global Channel team in technical activities aligned with the Channel Go-to-Market strategy and plan. The successful candidate will be someone that understands and has experience managing the technical enablement of Channel partners. Your thorough understanding of AppSec, DevSecOps, and the Software Development Lifecycle, and the ability to craft a compelling technical vision around the Contrast Security Platform, will be crucial to your success. The ideal candidate will be able to articulate and demonstrate the value of Contrast Security’s solutions to both technical and non-technical audiences across the partner ecosystem effectively.
In this Role
A successful candidate will align with Channel Managers in leading technical evangelism to support recruiting and enabling prospective and existing channel partners.
Establishes technical learning paths to build Contrast Security technical knowledge and skillsets among the technical community within the channel partner organizations (Pre-Sales and Post-Sales). The candidate will be comfortable curating, creating and delivering all technical content for Channel consumption.
Support Channel Partners in all internal and external (Customer) focused technical activities, including but not limited to Demo Platform Buildouts, Webinars, Marketing Events, and Customer activities such as Demonstrations and Proof-of-Value (POVs).
- Cultivate trusting relationships with key partners and establish solid working relationships with their technical resources
- Own the development of technical enablement content creation, including the delivery of this content to technical resources within the channel community
- Educate customers on the ongoing trends and challenges that are driving the need for a modern software development lifecycle and help channel partners understand how Contrast addresses these challenges
- Deliver compelling demos, best practices sessions on the Contrast Platform, deployments & workshops as needed
- Provide on-the-job training for partner SEs by allowing partner SE to shadow presentations and evaluation installations
- Help partners create evaluation test plans with customers that highlight the strengths of our platform to position Contrast as the clear leader in this space
- Present at channel-driven marketing activities as-needed basis
- Assist in the selling effort to partner technical resources during new partner recruitment
- Work with channel partners to proactively expand our awareness and install base within existing accounts.
- Collaborates with other SEs, sales teams, and trainers
- 3+ years of Enterprise software presales experience
- Must know Application security solutions and technologies (SAST, DAST, IAST, RASP, WAF), OWASP Top 10, software development concepts and the SDLC, Linux, Windows, Network architecture/implementation/configuration experience, DevOps, CI/CD, vulnerability remediation, WAFs, general bug tracking and build systems
- 3+ years of development experience - you must have some scripting or programming experience and be able to walk through code-level results with clients when needed (JAVA and .NET experience preferred but not required) or have relevant AppSec expertise
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to prioritize and execute in a systematic and disciplined manner
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills. This role requires an ability to understand and articulate both the business benefits (value proposition) and technical advantages of Contrast products and solutions
- The ability to tell a story convincingly is a must
- Hands-on experience with the "modern software stacks" and tools and platforms such as Docker, Kubernetes, Git (and related systems such as Bitbucket), Amazon Web Services, Azure, Google Cloud Platform, Cloud Foundry, and other IaaS and PaaS platforms
- Understand and be conversant about Contrast’s competitors, their solutions, strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats
- Ability to travel 40%+ within the territory or as needed
- Vaccination (COVID) is currently required to travel and visit customers/attend events
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you’re excited about this role but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply.
What We Offer
Salary and Other Compensation
This position’s standard base pay range is $112,000.00 - $168,000.00 annually. This position is also eligible for commission and equity package subject to the terms of the Company’s applicable plans. When determining a candidate’s compensation, we consider several factors: geography, skill set, experience, job scope, and current market data.
Contrast Security offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401(k) Retirement Plan with Employer Match, Life Insurance, Long Term Disability Insurance, Short Term Disability Insurance, Transit and Commuter benefits, Flexible PTO, 56 hours of Annual Sick time, Paid Parental Leave and Paid Holidays.
The salary, other compensation, and benefits information are accurate as of the date of this posting. The Company reserves the right to modify this information at any time, subject to applicable law.
We are changing the world of software security. Do it with us.
We believe in what we do and are passionate about helping our customers secure their business.
If you’re looking for a challenge and want to enjoy where you work, you’ll love Contrast Security.
Contrast Security is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer, and our team is comprised of individuals from many diverse backgrounds, lifestyles, and locations. At Contrast, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Contrast is proud to be an equal-opportunity workplace. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.
By submitting your application, you are providing Personal Information about yourself (cover letter, resume, email address, etc.) and hereby give your consent for Contrast Security, Inc. and/or our HR-related Service Providers to use this information for the purpose of processing, evaluating and responding to your application for current and future career opportunities. If you are a resident of the European Economic Area or are applying for a position in the European Economic Area, Contrast’s Privacy Statement reflects our policies around compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) and your rights respective to GDPR as a California resident, you are entitled to certain rights under CCPA: The California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) will go into effect on January 1, 2020. Under CCPA, businesses must be overtly transparent about the personal information they collect, use, and store on California residents. CCPA also gives employees, applicants, independent contractors, emergency contacts, and dependents (“CA Employee”) new rights to privacy.
Recruitment Agencies: Although we value the services you provide, at this time, we are only accepting resumes from agencies, headhunters, or other suppliers who have signed a formal agreement with us.