Get to know Okta
Okta is The World’s Identity Company. We free everyone to safely use any technology—anywhere, on any device or app. Our Workforce and Customer Identity Clouds enable secure yet flexible access, authentication, and automation that transforms how people move through the digital world, putting Identity at the heart of business security and growth.
At Okta, we celebrate a variety of perspectives and experiences. We are not looking for someone who checks every single box, we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences.
Join our team! We’re building a world where Identity belongs to you.
Position Description: The Strategic Renewals Executive will lead the development and execution of strategies to attain successful customer renewals and maximize customer usage for Okta’s largest and most complex customer relationships. They will be responsible for achieving assigned goals for renewal rate, growth, and term length. They will work in tight partnership with Sales and Customer Success to execute the renewals strategy. The key to success in this role is the ability to be incredibly strategic with the Sales and Customer Success teams to help in identifying challenges to successful renewals.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage all aspects of the subscription renewal process for a defined set of Okta’s largest and most complex customers to ensure continuous access to Okta products and services, drive long-term agreements, and maintain and grow Okta revenue.
- Expertly lead pricing strategy and negotiations for 15-20 renewals and $10M+ in ARR each quarter
- Develop and nurture executive-level relationships with key customers
- Convey the value proposition for Okta product subscriptions, technical support, and other services
- Collaborate with the assigned Customer Success Manager and Account Executive to develop and execute renewals strategy, improve product adoption, and address churn risk in the business
- Improve account growth opportunities by playing an active role in helping to identify incremental opportunities upon contract renewal.
- Provide timely proposals and quotes in line with terms of customer and/or partner agreements
- Work closely with finance and legal teams to ensure all contracts meet customer and Okta needs
- Provide executive management with complete visibility to renewals and solicit executive involvement as required.
- Track and maintain customer data and renewal information in Okta systems, including Salesforce and Gainsight
- Accurately forecast renewal pricing, timing, and risks
- Work on assigned projects and take initiative to improve the way our team operates
Minimum REQUIRED Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 5-7 years of experience in renewals, customer success, sales, account management or equivalent customer facing role
- Comfort negotiating complex, $1M+ named account license agreements
- Ability to tactfully close deals with a high degree of integrity and independence
- Ability to communicate to internal and customer executive leadership up to the c-level
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail
- Strong oral, written and presentation skills
- Ability to organize, prioritize, complete activities and meet deadlines on a daily basis
- Requires ability to withstand frequent and intense pressure as a result of demanding workload and must be able to maintain a positive and professional manner throughout
- Experience recording information in Salesforce or similar CRM system preferred (not required)
- Team player who enjoys assisting where needed and finding ways to help
- High activity level, enthusiastic, self-motivated, tenacious
- Proven influencer and negotiator
- 4 year college degree or equivalent business experience
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Below is the annual On Target Compensation (OTE) range for candidates located in California, Colorado, New York and Washington. Your actual OTE, which is inclusive of base salary and incentive compensation, will depend on factors such as your skills, qualifications, experience, and work location. In addition, Okta offers equity (where applicable) and benefits, including health, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), flexible spending account, and paid leave (including PTO and parental leave) in accordance with our applicable plans and policies. To learn more about our Total Rewards program please visit: https://rewards.okta.com/us.
The annual OTE range for this position for candidates located in California, Colorado, New York, and Washington is between:
The OTE range for this position for candidates located in the San Francisco Bay area is between:
What you can look forward to as an Okta employee!
Okta cultivates a dynamic work environment, providing the best tools, technology and benefits to empower our employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Each organization is unique in the degree of flexibility and mobility in which they work so that all employees are enabled to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, regardless of where they live. Find your place at Okta today! https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.