Contracts Manager, Accelerate Solutions
Posted on 3/8/2022
Calgary, AB, Canada
- Meaningful experience negotiating a wide assortment of technology agreements. Experience with SaaS-based business models a plus
- You truly love doing deals, having drafted and reviewed a ton of contracts, and you enjoy it!
- Adept at working with business development teams under tight timelines
- A knack for thinking through details while seeing the big picture. In other words, you see your job as working with the business to balance risk vs. reward appropriately in support of business initiatives and objectives
- Outstanding judgment and you are comfortable, effective and persuasive when dealing with customers, partners, and teammates in a professional, conscientious, and positive manner
- You view a fast-paced environment, a small but mighty team, and a little bit of uncertainty as an opportunity to have an impact. You also want to help manage (and constantly improve) the cross-functional contracting process overall
- Review and negotiate a wide variety of commercial agreements (NDAs, Cloud/SaaS agreements (inbound + outbound), professional services MSAs, SOWs, and other agreements). This requires a fundamental understanding of critical concepts like IP ownership, data privacy, warranties, indemnification obligations, and limitations of liability
- Work with legal counsel, business development, and developers, providing support for Unity's Accelerate Solutions group to assist with the timely completion of client transactions
- Provide legal support for the Create business unit's SalesOps and Sales Enablement teams, as well as the ongoing implementation of our contracts management system for enterprise sales (SpringCM)
- Draft, revise, and maintain contract templates, with mentorship from your legal colleagues. Act as a utility player and work across a variety of projects and teams by handling special projects and tasks in collaboration with our legal team
- Partner with legal team members to learn Unity legal strategies, build and maintain general commercial guidelines, and define practices that promote efficient workflows to resolve legal requests
Platform for creating & operating interactive, real-time 3D content
Unity's mission is to democratize game development and enable everyone to create rich interactive content.
- Comprehensive health, life, and disability insurances
- Commuting subsidy
- Employee stock ownership
- Comprehensive retirement/pension plans
- Generous vacation and personal days
- Paid leave for new parents
- Wellness and fitness subsidy
- Office food and free snacks, including lots of healthy options!
- Mental health and Wellbeing programs and support
- Employee Resource Groups
- Global Employee Assistance Program
- Training and development programs
- Volunteering and donation matching program
- Users first - We put users first… they are rock stars and we are their biggest fans. Our shared dedication to users holds us together, defines and aligns our work and drives us to deliver for them.
- Best ideas win - We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. We have vigorous debates, we listen and learn, and we make sure the best ideas win. We care enough to go through the pain of messy conversations.
- In it together - We are Citizens of Unity. We act like owners. We’re activists; we have a voice and use it. We’re direct and candid, with good intent. We respect each other’s uniqueness and we’re in it together.
- Go bold - We do bold things. We go big and when we fail, we learn, get better and go big again. We challenge and elevate each other beyond our limits to do what may seem impossible. We stay curious and hungry.