Position: Product Operations & Strategy
Location: NYC or State College, PA
AccuWeather, recognized and documented as the most accurate source of weather forecasts and warnings in the world, has saved tens of thousands of lives, prevented hundreds of thousands of injuries and tens of billions of dollars in property damage. With global headquarters in State College, Pennsylvania; a severe weather center in Wichita, Kansas; and offices in New York City and elsewhere around the world, AccuWeather serves more than 1.5 billion people daily to help them plan their activities and get more out of their day through innovative digital media properties, such as AccuWeather.com and mobile, as well as AccuWeather For Business (AFB), radio, television, newspapers, digital out of home, the 24/7 AccuWeather Network channel and AccuWeather NOW streaming service. Additionally, AccuWeather produces and distributes news, weather content, and video for more than 180,000 third-party websites.
Product Operations & Strategy supports strategic projects that span the AccuWeather digital organization. Reporting to the Head of Digital Product Strategy, this role is central to the efficient management and execution of the digital team by supporting the management of key initiatives across multiple digital disciplines (e.g. product, design, technology, content, revenue, audience). The position’s primary responsibility is to help the cross-functional team operate and execute their plans effectively while “connecting-the-dots across” individual teams and silos. In addition, the role also supports strategic responsibilities that assist the President, Digital and the Head of Digital Product Strategy (and other C/SVP level team members) in the development of materials (e.g. presentations), managing budgets and providing detailed status reporting.
To succeed in this role, you should have meticulous attention-to-detail, be exceptionally organized and be highly collaborative. This position commands someone to be deadline focused and thrives on achieving accountability through influencing others. You need to be a master of diplomacy and build relationships across all-corners of the business. The position is perfectly suited to an aspiring Chief of Staff.
- Manage the trafficking of projects through the digital organization by interfacing with digital leadership and maintaining oversight of all initiatives and their respective status
- Collaborate closely with the Head of Digital Strategy on strategic initiatives and help them keep a finger on the pulse of all key on-going projects; feed into the overall Strategic plan and support KPI tracking for annual objectives
- Input and track priority cross-team/functional projects; hold team accountable to meet plan deliverables and provide regular status updates
- Manage CRM for the product management organization; represent the department as one consistent voice by inputting and trafficking requests; liaise and facilitate connections with teams outside of the Digital group and build solid relationships with key stakeholders across the entire company
- Work across offices (physical and remote) on project status reports for Ad Sales requests; liaise closely with Product Marketing team to drive alignment
- Collaborate with leadership and their respective teams to track and align department & budgets; follow up on budget and operational invoices and payments during the year
- Assist in the preparation of presentations and plans, as needed by the President and the Head of Digital Product Strategy; creation of slides, laying out structure, coordination and gathering of information and so forth
- Assist in the strategic thinking behind key initiatives; represent in meetings as deemed required; be the independent thinker in the room to help teams take a step back when trying to reach alignment
- Manage relationships, support and service requests with/for third party vendors, consultants and other service provider
- Archive digital and, when necessary, physical files of approved documents
- Other duties and tasks as assigned or become evident
- Effectively train new hires on internal process and guide teams throughout to maintain an efficient operational structure for creative and production
- Passionate about our business. Consumer and customer first
- Digitally savvy. Digital native
- Inclusive. Constructive. Curious
- Comfortable in the unknown. Thrives in high pace
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or related field preferred
- Experience in an operational role with experience in digital products
- Experience with financial forecasting and the development of business cases to evaluate new corporate initiatives
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite; excellent PowerPoint and Excel skills are required
- Experience with managing cross functional teams across multiple locations and time-zones
Pay Transparency: AccuWeather offers a competitive salary commensurate to experience in the range of 90k- 95k base
More About AccuWeather
AccuWeather’s innovation-first promise has led to the development of many award-winning and propriety features that are available free to the public, including AccuWeather MinuteCast® Minute by Minute™ forecasts with Superior Accuracy ™, the exclusive AccuWeather RealFeel® Temperature, and AccuWeather RealImpact™ Scale for Hurricanes, among many other revolutionary products for the greater safety, convenience, and comfort of our users. Further, AccuWeather serves more than half of the Fortune 500 and thousands of other businesses in the U.S. and globally.
Dr. Joel N. Myers, Founder and Chief Executive Officer, established AccuWeather in 1962 and is considered the “father of modern commercial meteorology.” Dr. Myers, a leading creative thinker and visionary, has been named “the most accurate man in weather” by The New York Times and one of the top entrepreneurs in American history by Entrepreneur’s Encyclopedia of Entrepreneurs.
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
AccuWeather is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity to all applicants and existing employees, and we evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity/expression), sexual orientation, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability, marital status, political affiliation, religion, citizenship status, genetic information, veteran status, or any other basis protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. View the EEO is the Law poster here and its supplement here. The pay transparency policy is available here.
AccuWeather is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities. If you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.