New York, New York
6 month growth↑ 2%
1 year growth↑ 5%
2 year growth↑ 43%
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- 3-5 years general ledger accounting and financial analysis experience
- Advanced Excel skills including V-lookups and pivot tables
- Experience with accounting software (Microsoft Dynamics preferred)
- Solid understanding of accounting concepts and basic accounting fundamentals (GAAP, general ledgers, financial accounting statements, P&L statements)
- Experience with SOX internal controls and intercompany transactions preferred
- Oversee general accounting operations
- Reconcile account balances and bank statements
- Maintain general ledger and prepare month-end closing procedures
- Prepare journal entries and manage various asset and liability reconciliations
- Assist with external and internal audit requests
- Compile internal management reports and seek value in financial data
- Participate in special projects/oversight of additional technical accounting areas
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies
- Assist with continuous improvement of processes and procedures
- Experience with intercompany transactions
- Excellent communication, problem-solving and follow-up skills
- Enjoy working in a start-up, fast-paced environment
- Team-oriented and self-motivated
Curaleaf Holdings, Inc. (CSE: CURA) (OTCQX: CURLF) ("Curaleaf") is a leading international provider of consumer products in cannabis with a mission to enhance lives by cultivating, sharing and celebrating the power of the plant. As a high-growth cannabis company known for quality, expertise and reliability, the Company and its brands, including Curaleaf, Select, and Grassroots provide industry-leading service, product selection and accessibility across the medical and adult-use markets. In the United States, Curaleaf currently operates in 17 states with 147 dispensaries and employs nearly 5,200 team members. Curaleaf International is the largest vertically integrated cannabis company in Europe with a unique supply and distribution network throughout the European market, bringing together pioneering science and research with cutting-edge cultivation, extraction and production. Home | Curaleaf | Cannabis with Confidence
Our corporate social responsibility is Rooted in Good. We believe in taking corporate and social responsibility very seriously, from our educational outreach to national partnerships, state-wide initiatives and local causes. Giving back to the communities where we operate is important to us and helps to change old attitudes by showing the positive impact of cannabis in creating jobs, changing lives, and helping local communities. Social Responsibility | Curaleaf | Cannabis with Confidence
Our Mission: To enhance lives by cultivating, sharing, and celebrating the power of the plant.
Our Vision: To be the world’s leading cannabis company by consistently delivering superior products and services and driving the global acceptance of cannabis.
- Lead and Inspire.
- Commit to Win.
- ONE Curaleaf.
- Driven to Deliver Excellence.
At Curaleaf, we have a passionate commitment to everything we do. From innovative products to promoting social justice, from environmental sustainability to building world-class brands, we know that none of this is possible without our Team Members, which is why we’ve committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive experience for all.
What You’ll Do:
The Sr. Accountant will oversee general accounting operations by controlling and verifying our financial transactions. Responsibilities include reconciling account balances and bank statements, maintaining general ledger and preparing month-end closing procedures. A successful accountant combines excellent analytical skills with a thorough knowledge of accounting principles to analyze financial reports and forecasts. The ideal candidate will have a successful track record of managing cross-functional tasks and projects in a fast-paced environment and must be able to wear multiple hats.
- Play a key role in the daily accounting activities and assist in month-end close process by preparing journal entries (including but not limited to cash, fixed assets prepaids, accruals, and inter-company transactions) and managing various asset and liability reconciliations.
- Perform account analysis and maintain account reconciliations, including bank statements and intercompany general ledger accounts.
- Assist with external and internal audit requests, including quarterly reviews and the yearend audit.
- Assist A/R and A/P teams with customer and vendor management as needed.
- Compile internal management reports and seek to find value in financial data.
- Participate in special projects/oversight of additional technical accounting areas as assigned.
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
- Assist with the continuous improvement of processes and procedures as the company expands into new and established markets.
Our valued Team Members are diverse, dedicated, and driven to achieve the highest possible standards in all that we do.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, required.
- 3-5 years general ledger accounting and financial analysis experience.
- Advanced Excel skills required, including the ability to use V-lookups and pivot tables.
- Experienced in the use of accounting software (experience in Microsoft Dynamics accounting software preferred).
- Experience with SOX internal controls is preferred.
- Experience with intercompany transactions is preferred.
- Must have a solid understanding of accounting concepts and basic accounting fundamentals: GAAP, general ledgers, financial accounting statements, P&L statements.
- Demonstrated experience with general ledgers, account reconciliations, bank accounts, customer, and vendor statements.
- Excellent communication, problem-solving and follow-up skills.
- Enjoys working in a start-up, fast-paced environment.
- Must be team-oriented and self-motivated.
One Curaleaf: We work together collaboratively and with accountability. We are dedicated to always doing the right thing for each other, our customers, and our communities.
What We Offer:
- Competitive Pay
- Employee Resource Groups
- Medical, Dental, Vison Benefits
- Employee Product Discounts
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Employee Referral Payment Program
- Retirement Plan – 401(K)
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Life/AD&D Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Paid Parental Leave
- Additional Employee Discounts Available
- Commuter Benefit
- Community Involvement Through our Rooted in Good Initiative
- Healthcare & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
Curaleaf Awards and Achievements:
2023: Ragan’s Top Places to Work
2022: TIME100 Most Influential Companies
2020: Cannabis Doing Good’s Good Neighbor Award
2020: Minorities for Medical Marijuana’s Diversity & Inclusion Award
Follow us on Social Media
Not all benefits listed above are available to all employees at all locations.
Curaleaf is an equal opportunity employer. Curaleaf recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, physical ability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as requires by applicable law.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Individuals adversely impacted by the war on drugs are encouraged to apply.
Current Curaleaf employees should use our internal job board to submit an application for current openings: https://app2.greenhouse.io/internal_job_board