Posted on 11/30/2023
Veteran-owned firm providing strategic, tech-enabled government solutions.
Barbaricum stands out as a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned small business with a strong focus on leveraging emerging technologies to support long-term client goals, particularly in the realm of National Security. The company's commitment to quality and continuous improvement is evident in its ISO 9001: 2015 certification and CMMI Level 3 appraisal, and its rapid growth and recognition by institutions like Inc. Magazine and GovCon attest to its industry leadership. With a dynamic team providing global support across five continents, Barbaricum fosters a vibrant corporate culture that has earned it the title of a Best Workplace for 2017 by Inc. Magazine.
Washington, District of Columbia
Growth & Insights
6 month growth↑ 0%
1 year growth↑ 1%
2 year growth↑ 16%
Data Structures & Algorithms
Natural Language Processing (NLP)
Data & Analytics
- Active DoD Secret Clearance
- Master's Degree in quantitative field such as Mathematics, Statistics, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or Operational Research (Master's preferred)
- 8+ years of industry experience in predictive modeling, data science and analysis with experience using cloud architectures including, but not limited to, Databricks, Qlik, MLFlow, AWS S3
- Experience with ML fields, e.g., natural language processing, computer vision, sensor based algorithms, statistical learning theory
- Experience in an ML engineer or data scientist role building ML models
- Experience writing code in Python (Class and Functions), and R
- Experience handling terabyte-size datasets, diving into data to discover hidden patterns, using data visualization tools, writing SQL
- Experience writing and speaking about technical concepts to business, technical, and lay audiences and giving data-driven presentations
- Design, configure, develop, test, and support data science solutions for a wide array of telemetry based USMC use cases, to include NLP and sensor based algorithms.
- Conduct complex data assessments to determine operational utility of proposed data sets in answering priority requirements.
- Develop and maintain data pipelines to ingest applicable data into AI/ML engines and tools.
- Discover links and connections in disparate datasets providing context to intelligence analysts.
- Interpret and analyze data using exploratory mathematic and statistical techniques based on the scientific method.
- Experiment against data points, provide information based on experiment results and provide previously undiscovered solutions to command data challenges.
- Coordinate with Data Engineers to build Data environments providing data identified by Data Analysts, Data Integrators, Knowledge Managers, and Intelligence Analysts.
- Coordinate research and analytic activities utilizing various data points (unstructured and structured) and employ programming to clean, massage, and organize the data.
- Proficiency in SQL and noSQL databases
- Familiarity with Spark, GoLang, and Application Programming Interfaces (APIs)
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration / Continuous Development (CI/CD) practices
- Experience with Gitlab and Jira