People Operations Coordinator
Posted on 8/30/2022
San Francisco, CA, USA
- 1+ years of People experience, preferably in a fast-growing company
- Proven ability to work collaboratively in a team
- Ability to design and communicate a clear process; detail oriented yet flexible approach to problem-solving; strong and sincere empathy for the employee experience
- Impeccable judgment and integrity; ability to make sound decisions independently and thrives in ambiguity
- Ability to maturely handle sensitive and confidential information
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Preferred, but not required: strong knowledge and experience in federal and multi-state employment law and compliance practices operations (local, state and federal law)
- Knowledge of Excel and Google Sheets
- Passion for improving consumer credit products and a strong sense of humor
- Own and deliver a best-in-class onboarding program, including guiding the experience from candidate → new hire, ensuring employees have relevant information in a timely manner, hosting for new hires' first day, training, ensuring accurate employee records/documentation, background checks, I-9 compliance, etc
- Work collaboratively with other People team members and cross-functional partners
- Act as the day-to-day point of contact for all employee questions; ensure all employees have timely and accurate information relating to people processes, policies and procedures
- Ensure we have clean and up-to-date people data by maintaining employee data in UltiPro and other systems, including entering all new hires, making relevant updates for existing employees, managing the termination process, maintaining our company intranet and conducting regular audits of people data
- Maintain utmost confidentiality in all matters relating to employee records and investigations
- Ensure legal compliance with applicable human resource federal and state requirements by maintaining employee files in the office
- Partner with People Business Partners other People team members to support offboarding and employee changes (examples: compensation cycles and internal transfers)
- Partner with Manager and People Platform team members on special projects on as as needed basis (examples: implementing case management tool, offboarding process revamp and automation)
- People systems (HRIS) experience, particularly with UltiPro or similar systems is a plus
Point of sale installment loans for consumers
Affirm seeks to deliver honest financial products—to improve lives. The company operates a buy-now-pay-later platform for consumers at the point of sale.
- Spending wallets: Access tech, food, lifestyle, and family planning wallets for your expenses
- Supportive communities: Get involved with our employee resource groups and community groups
- Remote-first workforce: If your role is remote, you can set up shop anywhere in your home country
- Generous time off: Take the time you need when life happens
- Health benefits: Get a plan that fits your needs
- Mental healthcare: Take care of your mind with great mental health programs
- Parental leave: Birth and non-birth parents get 18 weeks paid leave. Plus, a 4-week return-to-work transition program, at full base pay.
- Compensation: We have a simple, flexible, and transparent remote-first compensation structure so you can make the best decisions for yourself and your family.
- Away days: We offer 24 company-wide paid days off—which help our teams collectively pause to recharge.
- Learning & development: Engage in exciting learning programs to level up your growth.
Company Core Values
- People come first: We consider our impact on people’s lives before we think about our own interests.
- No fine print: We are completely transparent and honest—with our customers and with each other.
- It's on us: We take full accountability for our actions, never shirking responsibility or passing the buck.
- Simpler is better: We make complex things simple and clear.
- Push the envelope: We never stop innovating, taking smart risks, and raising the bar.