Corporate and Regulatory Paralegal
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Remote • New York, NY, USA
- Draft contracts and other legal documents
- Maintain Check's Contract Lifecycle Management system and manage all incoming and active contracts, including renewals
- Manage Check's employee equity, business registrations, and other business and legal processes
- Maintain Check's legal document database and assist with department's knowledge management
- Communicate with investors, banks, outside attorneys and accountants, and other key entities on business and regulatory matters
- Track legal spend and implement process improvements
- Stay abreast of regulatory developments to ensure that Check is meeting its obligations
- Own communications and information distribution from the Legal team to the broader company
- Co-manage Legal-adjacent projects alongside our People, Finance, Partnerships, and Data Security teams
- 3-5 years of experience as an in-house paralegal or in legal operations
- Ability to own and manage numerous projects at once in a fast-moving environment
- Excellent writing skills for both internal and external documents
- Meticulous attention to detail and the ability to act as the ultimate source of truth for legal records and processes
- Willingness and ability to learn and expand skills
- An ownership mentality and flexibility to take on a broad range of projects to serve the company's needs
Embedded payroll infrastructure platform
Check’s mission is to make paying people simple with their advanced embedded payroll platform. The company is committed to improving front-office operations with their software that makes it possible for companies to develop a payroll product for cuustomers and also functions as a workforce management and staffing tool.
- Home office stipend: $1k stipend for your home office setup, and $100 per month for internet and cell.
- PTO & sick leave: Recharge and stay healthy with flexible PTO and sick leave.
- Learning budget: Buy books, take classes, and attend conferences with a $2k per year learning budget.
- Weekly pay: Every Friday is payday! Just one perk of being your own payroll provider.
- Paid family leave: 16 weeks of paid leave for new parents and flexible return-to-work options.
- Health benefits: High quality health, dental, and vision insurance coverage.
Company Core Values
- Be an owner: We are all owners of our products and our culture. We are responsible for both our work and the success of Check.
- Earn trust: We work hard to earn the trust of our partners and each other. We are open about our strengths, shortcomings, and quirks.
- Check yourself: We listen and seek understanding before offering solutions. We foster belonging and invest in our people.
- Bridge the gap: Our success depends on our ability to flex in new ways. We learn with urgency and teach with patience.