AMP Robotics is a pioneer and industry leader in artificial intelligence (AI), robotics, and infrastructure for the waste and recycling industry. We apply AI-powered automation to economically and sustainably improve our global recycling system.
Headquartered in Louisville, Colorado, the Denver Post and BuiltIn Colorado have recognized AMP as one of the state’s top workplaces. AMP also has operations and career opportunities outside of Atlanta and Cleveland, as well as in Europe. We’re fostering an environment where passionate individuals can grow and create impact. We seek unconventional thinkers to join our mission to enable a world without waste; at AMP, your contributions have meaning and can spur change. With backing from top-tier investors and national recognition including North American Cleantech Company of the Year and Forbes’ most promising AI companies, we’re always seeking ways to better our operations, raising the bar on innovation, and looking to collaborate and improve in what we do. Learn more at AMPRobotics.com.
AMP Robotics is seeking a Robot Install Technician in our Louisville, CO office.
You will be reporting to the Sr Mgr of Installation with a strong focus on quality of work. You will build the foundation of the customer relationship by being the first onsite point of contact with our customer after the sale is complete.
As our Robot Install Technician, you will work to:
- Responsible for assisting in all aspects of robotic systems installation
- Reliably communicates with customers throughout the installation process from preinstall to post installation to ensure that all expectations are understood.
- Calibrate equipment to meet the performance specifications outlined in the Statement of Work signed by the customer
- Provide training to our customers both before and after the physical install of the equipment.
- Responsible for working with the install team while onsite to ensure job completion
- Will be a champion of quality by supporting the install team to create a consistent install in both product and customer experience
- Ensure safety is the top priority for the install team by executing company policies and procedures
- Ability to make on the fly decisions when there are complications onsite.
- Troubleshoot and repair any deficiencies with the robot cell upon start up.
The successful candidate will be a proven self starter with very high standards and a strong work ethic. There must be a very fine attention to detail to be able to excel in this position to deliver consistent quality installations to our customers.
- Previous experience in a customer facing, coaching, or teaching role, preferably in a technical field. Experience in a technical training environment.
- Ability to read and understand technical installation drawings
- Highly proficient with common field tools (tap/die, impact drills, grinders, multi-meter, etc.)
- Ability to effectively work with a team in stressful situations
- Extremely resourceful - known as a person who “finds a way to get it done.”
- Demonstrated ability to work long hours in difficult situations (heat, dust, small spaces, tight deadlines, etc.)
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- Ability to work autonomously
- Previous history of completion/documentation of Functional Acceptance Testing (FAT) for system integration projects.
- Experience with lifting and rigging
- Experience with industrial controls (valves, sensors, actuators, control system)
- Experience with electrical wiring, ability to read and understand schematics
- Experience with automated industrial equipment
- Experience cutting, grinding and welding steel
- Excitement about robotics, artificial intelligence, and recycling. This is cutting edge development in the world of industrial robotics so you should enjoy being experimental, be ready to rapidly iterate, and have the know-how to install/maintain reliable and repeatable systems.
- Experience with robot firmware - e.g. RAPID, ACE, Ladder Logic.
- Competency with standard office computer applications.
- Highschool diploma or GED required
- Technical associates degree preferred
- 2 - 8 years of industrial equipment installation experience
- 2+ years of industrial equipment troubleshooting experience
- 2+ years of of direct customer interaction
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 45 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus, and ability to accurately see and label color. (remove if not a requirement)
Affirmative Action/EEO Statement:
AMP Robotics is an equal opportunity employer. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at the Company will be based on job openings, merit, qualifications, and abilities as required by the position. The Company does not discriminate, and does not permit its employees to discriminate against other employees, applicants, customers, or independent contractors because of:
- Sexual orientation (including gender identity or expression, including a person’s orientation toward heterosexuality, homosexuality, bisexuality, or transgender status, or PeopleCare’s perception thereof)
- Pregnancy, childbirth, and related conditions
- Marital status
- National origin
- Military or veteran status
- Age (40 or over)
- Disability (including genetic information)
- Or, any other consideration made unlawful by applicable laws.
Equal employment opportunity will be extended to all persons in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship, including recruitment, hiring, upgrading, training, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, discipline, layoff, recall, and termination.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We recognize that there is more to work than the day-to-day responsibilities. In addition to a collaborative, high-performing team environment, we’re pleased to offer competitive base salaries; medical, dental and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan; paid time off and sick time; flexible work hours; and the opportunity to quickly accelerate your learning and growth.
Compensation information: $29-$32/hr depending on experience
- Medical - The company covers up to 85% of the premium for Cigna healthcare plans. Employees pay the difference in premium if they select a more expensive plan. Up to 75% for dependents.
- Flexible paid time off.
- 401(k) retirement plan (non-matching).