Moxion is a vertically integrated manufacturer of all-electric mobile power and energy storage solutions. We have developed commercial-scale, powerful, silent, and emissions-free mobile battery stations that are designed to replace traditional diesel generators in most applications today. We’re pioneering mobile energy storage technology, leveraging vertical integration and a software-enabled service model to deliver last-mile electrification for our customers and communities. The Moxion team is a passionate group of humans who care about the environment and disrupting the diesel economy. Come build the first distributed utility with us, propelling the biggest energy transformation of our lifetime.
As the Staff Engineer - Field Technical you will be responsible for the overall development of the Moxion Theory of Operations in collaboration with our internal teams. You’ll help design and implement field repair procedures, processes, and systematic diagnosis skill sets for Field technicians. Will ensure the best feedback is provided to Engineering teams and Manufacturing teams.
What You’ll Do:
- Be responsible for the development, composition, implementation, and practice of the Moxion Theory of Operations
- Work closely with Technical writers and develop the Moxion repair manual and troubleshooting decision tree
- Support the training of Field technicians in technical repairs and support in diagnosis.
- Will be responsible for the implementation of new processes, adaptation of existing processes to new products and continuous process improvement on existing equipment at our customer’s manufacturing site
- Support Field Technicians in developing the knowledge to diagnose and troubleshoot all issues related to repair or maintenance of a Moxion Unit
- Work collaboratively with Engineering and Software teams to ensure tools being developed for Field use are efficient and usable by Technicians around the world.
- Develop a structured method to conducting Root Cause and Corrective Actions (RCCA)
- Be available for Field Support as needed either on location or remotely
- Willingness to travel
- Provide daily and weekly reports to department heads as needed
- Work to help develop the Warranty and Service Level Agreements for our products
Skills to be Successful:
- Practice Safety First beyond all things.
- Deep understanding of Electrical repairs and Maintenance to include Low Voltage and High Voltage
- Comfortable training and presenting training methods to Field Technicians
- Experience working with Engineering teams to establish field serviceability requirements for current and future products
- Software products understanding and experience
- Can identify tools and equipment needed for a repair or maintenance operation
- Treats the business as their own.
- Can articulate issues to all levels of Leadership and Engineering
Moxion is committed to the principle of pay equity – paying employees equitably for substantially similar work. Compensation displayed is a range. Maximum amounts are reserved for those candidates that exceed all experience and background requirements. We reserve the right to offer compensation based on level of experience. Moxion has different base pay ranges for different work locations within the United States, which allows us to pay employees competitively and consistently in different geographic markets. The range above reflects the potential base pay within the San Francisco Bay area. If you live outside that region, the range is subject to change.
Base pay is one part of our total compensation package and is determined within the range provided above. This provides the opportunity to progress as you grow and develop within a role.
At Moxion you get
Health, dental, and vision coverage, PTO, competitive equity & compensation packages, free lunch, coffee, and snacks onsite, flexible work from home (for some roles), free tax advisory services, access to Mountain Hardware, Columbia, Sorel, & Prana employee stores and discounts, company swag, investment in professional development courses, and parental leave program.
People are at the core of Moxion’s values. We care about growth for our people and team, and this translates to an open and transparent culture. Moxion believes that diversity is as core to our business as the underlying products and technology we’re developing. Diversity in people leads to diversity of thought and different perspectives to draw from, often resulting in a new or unique way of approaching or solving a problem. Diversity drives innovation.
Moxion is looking for candidates who identify with different races, religions, national origins, age groups, genders, or gender identities, and we don’t discriminate against marital status, physical or mental disability, health or medical conditions, military and veteran status, genetic information, and other classifications that may or may not be protected by law. If you can bring a unique perspective or experience to our company, please apply.
Moxion is committed to the full inclusion of all applicants. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please let our recruiting team know or email [email protected]