Who we are
Samsara (NYSE: IOT) is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which helps to digitize the world of physical operations, providing visibility and empowering entire sectors of our economy to become more safe, efficient, and sustainable. Founded in San Francisco in 2015, we now employ more than 2,000 people globally and collect more than 40 billion minutes of video footage and 5 trillion data points annually.
Working at Samsara means you’ll help define the future of physical operations and be on a team that’s shaping an exciting array of product solutions, including video-based safety, vehicle telematics, apps and driver workflows, equipment monitoring, and site visibility. As part of a newly public company, you’ll have the autonomy and support to make an impact as we build for the long term.
Recent awards we’ve won include:
Best Place to Work by Built In 2022
Deloitte Fast 500 Companies
IoT Analytics Company of the Year in 2022’s IoT Breakthrough Winners
Every year, we partner with our customers to deliver outcomes like conserving millions of gallons of fuel, saving millions of dollars, and creating positive environmental change. As more customers connect to our platform, our data grows, our AI models get smarter, and our opportunities expand.
About the role:
Founded in San Francisco six years ago, we’ve come a long way since then. We now serve over 20,000 customers globally and have over a million devices out in the field. Last year, we hit a valuation of $5.4 billion during our series F funding round.
Recent awards we’ve won include:
- #2 in the Financial Times’ Fastest Growing Companies in Americas list
- #19 in the Forbes Cloud 100
- Featured in LinkedIn’s Top Startups awards for 4 years running
- Samsara has ranked on 4 of Built In’s Best Places to Work lists
Even better, we’re only just getting started here in Europe.
Samsara’s network of hardware devices is a scalable cloud-connected sensor platform that collects and stores observations about the world in near real time. Through our cloud dashboard and mobile app, customers gain real-time visibility and drive efficiencies into their commercial fleet and industrial center operations.
We value aligning small teams with customer use cases and giving the independence needed to deliver impactful solutions quickly.
Your team, Compliance team, is a cross-functional product team that designs, develops and maintains the solutions needed to cater to the needs of our customers globally. This can vary from helping our European customers remain compliant with the numerous EU regulations that govern their HGV driver’s activities, to help our global customers have transparency on their fleet using analytics and optimisation tools.
We primarily work across web and mobile and collaborate closely with product managers, product designers and system engineers to build out our feature sets.
Interested? See what it’s like to work in one of London’s fastest-growing engineering teams here:
You should apply if:
- You want to impact the industries that run our world: The software, firmware, and hardware you build will result in real-world impact—helping to keep the lights on, get food into grocery stores, and most importantly, ensure workers return home safely.
- You want to build for scale: With over 2.3 million IoT devices deployed to our global customers, you will work on a range of new and mature technologies driving scalable innovation for customers across industries driving the world’s physical operations.
- You are a life-long learner: We have ambitious goals. Every Samsarian has a growth mindset as we work with a wide range of technologies, challenges, and customers that push us to learn on the go.
- You believe customers are more than a number: Samsara engineers enjoy a rare closeness to the end user and you will have the opportunity to participate in customer interviews, collaborate with customer success and product managers, and use metrics to ensure our work is translating into better customer outcomes.
- You are a team player: Working on our Samsara Engineering teams requires a mix of independent effort and collaboration. Motivated by our mission, we’re all racing toward our connected operations vision, and we intend to win—together.
Click here to learn about what we value at Samsara.
In this role, you will:
- Work with product managers, designers, firmware and infra engineers to architect, build, test and deliver full stack features across front-end, back-end and mobile. GoLang, GraphQL, Typescript, React and React Native are some of the components of our technology stack. Direct experience with these technologies is not required
- Be responsible for maintaining the production systems that your team owns and provide operational support
- Help build the culture of the team and make it an enjoyable place to work!
- Solve problems that enable our product for our European and global customers
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Focus on Customer Success, Build for the Long Term, Adopt a Growth Mindset, Be Inclusive, Win as a Team) as we scale globally and across new offices
Minimum requirements for the role:
- Has 5+ years of experience playing a key role in a skilled software engineering team
- Is interested in working on an early-stage venture
- Enjoys understanding our users and what would make their day-to-day processes easier to manage
- Is interested in owning and building out new features end to end
- Is a great team player and enjoys working collaboratively with engineers having different areas of focus e.g. infra, firmware, vision, etc
At Samsara, we welcome everyone regardless of their background, race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, etc. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please email [email protected] or click here if you require any reasonable accommodations throughout the recruiting process.
Full time employees receive an above market total compensation package along with employee-led remote and flexible working, health benefits, Samsara for Good charity fund, and much, much more. Take a look at our Benefits site to learn more.
At Samsara, we have adopted a flexible way of working, enabling teams and individuals to do their best work, regardless of where they’re based. We value in-person collaboration and know a change of scenery and quiet space to work is welcomed from time to time, but also appreciate that the world of work has changed. Our offices remain open for those who prefer to collaborate or work in-office, but we also encourage fully remote applicants. As most roles are not required to be in the office, we are able to hire remotely where Samsara has an established presence. If a role is required to be in a certain location and candidates do not have work authorization for that location, Samsara will conduct an immigration assessment. If the role is not required to be in a specific location, Samsara will move forward with the remote location that works best for the business. All offers of employment are contingent upon an individual’s ability to secure and maintain the legal right to work at the company.
Please note: Samsara does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Please do not forward resumes to Samsara employees.