Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
San Francisco, CA, USA
- BA or BS degree
- You have 7-10 years of relevant experience in commercialization, project development, or late-stage deep tech investing
- You're an exceptionally fast learner. You enjoy (and have experience) quickly ramping on new technical topics
- You have excellent oral and written communication skills - and in particular, you are adept at translating technical jargon into layman's terms and summarizing complex concepts in a succinct manner
- You have excellent quantitative skills, including experience with techno-economic analysis and intuition for pressure testing the cost drivers for a business
- You're uniquely good at getting to the crux of an issue, and can quickly sort the signal from the noise
- You are low ego, and have a proven track record for working well across teams and with external partners
- Source and evaluate high-potential carbon removal suppliers across a wide range of stages, approaches, and geographies
- Negotiate large carbon removal offtake deals, ranging from $5-50 M in total value
- Manage end-to-end diligence process on 1-4 suppliers at any given time, including consideration of: potential to fulfill Frontier's CDR purchase criteria, ability to execute, and fit within Frontier's portfolio
- Work with a network of technical experts to vet technology performance and potential
- Write compelling purchase recommendations for Frontier buyers that synthesize application materials
- Support Frontier portfolio companies post-agreement in quarterly check-ins, investor calls, letters of support, etc
- Help shape Frontier's overall purchase strategy and by-pathway theses
- PhD in a climate-relevant scientific or engineering discipline
- First-hand experience building/scaling real-world technology and businesses
- Experience allocating large budgets towards frontier technologies (such as VC or government grant programs like ARPA-E)
- Have a deep understanding of the landscape of carbon removal technologies and the techno-economics of large scale carbon capture and storage systems
Payment processing platform
Stripe's mission is to increase the GDP of the internet. Stripe is a technology company that builds economic infrastructure for the internet.
- Inclusive coverage - We provide a thoughtful and balanced set of benefits that allow Stripes to be their best selves and do great work. Whether that means offering comprehensive mental, physical, and medical health plans, supporting Stripes’ financial futures, providing fertility benefits and parental leave, or making sure Stripes have access to healthy food at the office, our robust programs put Stripes and their families first.
- Growth by way of learning - We are voracious learners and teachers. Our Education team delivers an onboarding and product training curriculum for all new Stripes, and hosts expert-led courses on things like project management fundamentals and macroeconomics. Beyond the formal program, Stripes are constantly sharing knowledge with each other through conversation, documentation, reading groups, and informal talks.
- A principled approach to food - The food program holds a special place in Stripe’s history and future. These Stripes come to our kitchen from a breadth of backgrounds and experiences, and focus on one proposition—respect. This is apparent not only in the local ingredients they work with or in the gracious, teamwork-driven buffet lines, but also in their approach to growing a global team through sustainable food practices and minimal waste.
Company Core Values
- An environment of growth
- Intentional communication
- Fast-paced, detail oriented
- Voraciously curious