WHO WE ARE
Basis Technologies delivers software and services to automate digital media operations for more than 1,000 leading agencies and brands.
Our comprehensive ad tech platform, Basis, supports the planning, reporting, and financial reconciliation of direct, programmatic, search, and social media, all in one place.
We are deeply committed to building software that will change the ad tech industry for the better and are equally dedicated to building an inclusive culture of highly motivated individuals who create a positive and supportive environment together. We invest in our culture and support our employees so they can do their best work.
Basis Technologies is headquartered in Chicago, and our employees have the flexibility to work in an office location, completely remote, or a hybrid of the two. Please note, we are hiring on a remote working basis only in the U.S. and Canada.
ABOUT THE TEAM
Basis Technologies’ Search Team leverages Basis to help strategize, plan, execute, streamline, and analyze paid search media campaigns for agencies and brands across a variety of verticals. Always positive and eager to try new tools and tactics, their passion lies in finding unique and creative ways to meet clients’ business objectives via paid search media. Although many tasks are performed independently, internal collaboration and communication is critical, as they work closely with the Sales, Strategic Media Services, Investment and Operations teams. These Beeps are committed to thinking outside the box, serving as subject matter experts in the Search space, supporting each other, and pushing themselves to be the best.
WAYS YOU’LL CONTRIBUTE
Search Media Planners are responsible for developing and monitoring paid search media plan recommendations. They provide education for clients and internal teams on paid search media fundamentals, serving as a subject matter expert while stewarding media execution for a suite of Basis clients.
OTHER WAYS YOU WILL CONTRIBUTE TO THE TEAM ARE BY:
- Leveraging an understanding of how all digital channels work together and the role paid search will contribute to craft strong media planning recommendations tied to overarching media strategy
- Gathering research and recommendations from paid search buyers, partners, research resources, past campaign data, and industry best practices to guide campaign development
- Delivering paid search media recommendations for integrated media plans based on clear rationale
- Collaborating with Basis’ Analytics and Integrated Client Solutions teams to ensure paid search strategies are aligned with business and media plan objectives
- Cultivating strong internal and client relationships and operating with a solutions-oriented approach and a high degree of client servicing
- Contributing to high levels of campaign performance, client satisfaction, and retention while working alongside the Integrated Client Solutions team
- Participating in and sometimes organizing client status meetings, as well as contributing to write ups for internal teams (providing status on all live campaigns), as needed
- Supporting Account Leads (Sales) and Integrated Media Planners in responding to client requests and special projects as necessary
- Maintaining a strong understanding of the digital media landscape and the latest Basis products and solutions
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- 2+ years of paid search experience, including YouTube
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment, under tight deadlines
- Strong analytics skills; the ability to tie campaign strategies to campaign outcomes to business objectives
- Proven communication skills, particularly in a client facing manner
- Detail oriented and organized
- Proficiency in Excel and PPT
- Adaptability and flexibility
- Strategic thinking and proactive client service skills
- Experience with holistic media planning
- Hands on paid social and YouTube buying experience
- Google AdWords certified
- Experience using Search Ads 360
- Understanding of measurement tools and first party data integration
- Experience working in an agency setting
Don’t think you have all the skills required for this role? That’s okay, we recognize that experience can be built in many ways. If you have relevant skills that are not reflected in your resume, we welcome your candidacy and encourage you to share more in an optional cover letter, even if your experience doesn’t match our exact requirements.
LIFE WITH BASIS TECHNOLOGIES
We take care of our people and believe that our success depends on the growth and well-being of each one of our team members.
We’ve been proudly recognized as:
Ad Age, Best Places to Work 2023, 2022, 2013
Built In, Best Workplaces 2023, 2022, 2021
Crain’s Best Companies to Work for in Chicago 2022, 2021, 2020, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011
Crain’s Best Companies to Work for in New York 2022, 2021, 2014
Dallas Morning News, Top Workplaces 2021, 2019, 2015
Denver Post, Top Workplaces 2022, 2021, 2020
Denver Business Journal’s Largest Employers 2022, 2021, 2020
Fortune Magazine, Best Workplaces 2022, 2021, 2020, 2015, 2014
We provide a thoughtful perks and benefits package including competitive 401k/RRSP matching, mental health support, a funded health savings account, paid sabbatical, generous parental leave, a flexible work environment and time off policy, and more.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and are committed to building teams that are diverse in thought, perspective, and culture. We celebrate all team members regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, race or cultural background, religion, disability, and age.
Basis is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application processes. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at [email protected]