ABOUT THE ROLE
The User Platform (UP) is responsible for User authentication, authorization, account data, and security at Peloton. The team’s vision is to provide a platform for developers to easily integrate and deploy custom authentication flows in a secure manner. We seek to expand our IAM feature set to support new product lines and innovate on new auth patterns. We are looking for a Software Engineer with experience in the authentication domain. To be successful you will need a combination of problem-solving, technical, and communication skills, and the ability to handle a mix of disparate tasks which will include project and software development work. As an Engineer on our team, you will engage in constructive dialogue and seek resolution when confronted in technical discussions and solution designs. You will have the opportunity to learn from and be mentored by those who are building authentication at Peloton, and to grow and influence the authentication principles of our product.
YOUR DAILY IMPACT AT PELOTON
- Influence and deliver solutions to build out authentication and authorization features in a microservices architecture
- Enhance and operate tier-1 services in order to meet a high benchmark of 99.99% uptime
- Optimize and scale systems to support hundreds of thousands of concurrent users in a cost-effective manner
- Propose and collaborate with teams on auth integration patterns to safeguard user account data and operate in a Zero Trust model
- Be a technical leader within the team and be able to identify common patterns as well as develop and foster reusable components and standards across teams
- Coordinate technical projects across teams within Peloton
YOU BRING TO PELOTON
- 3+ years of experience developing high-performance, highly scalable backend cloud application systems
- Hands-on experience building, testing, deploying, and monitoring microservices and event-driven architectures
- Proficiency in Java, Kotlin, and/or Python
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with both relational (e.g. PostgreSQL) and NoSQL (e.g. DynamoDB, Cassandra, Mongo) databases and caching technologies such as Memache, Redis
- Experience interfacing with members of other teams to gain clarity, triage issues, and contribute to cross-functional initiatives
- Understanding of auth features like SSO, Passwordless login, MFA, OAuth/OIDC, SAML and attack protection like Brute-force protection, Breached Password Detection, Suspicious IP Throttling
Base Salary: $136,300- $177,300
The base salary range represents the low and high end of the anticipated salary range for this position based at our New York City headquarters. The actual base salary offered for this position will depend on numerous factors including individual performance, business objectives, and if the location for the job changes. Our base salary is just one component of Peloton’s competitive total rewards strategy that also includes annual equity awards and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan as well as other region-specific health and welfare benefits.
As an organization, one of our top priorities is to maintain the health and wellbeing for our employees and their family. To achieve this goal, we offer robust and comprehensive benefits including:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Generous paid time off policy
- Short-term and long-term disability
- Access to mental health services
- 401k, tuition reimbursement and student loan paydown plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Fertility and adoption support and up to 18 weeks of paid parental leave
- Child care and family care discounts
- Free access to Peloton Digital App and apparel and product discounts
- Commuter benefits and Citi Bike Discount
- Pet insurance and so much more!
Peloton is the leading interactive fitness platform globally, with a passionate community of nearly 7 million Members in the US, UK, Canada, Germany, and Australia. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that motivate its Members to commit to their fitness journeys. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, and best-in-class fitness experts and Instructors.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: [email protected]
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email [email protected] before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.