Posted on 8/5/2022
- BA/BS degree, preferably in English, creative writing, or a related field
- Deep knowledge of English grammar and conventions
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to apply conventions consistently
- Strong understanding of students' abilities and knowledge levels in grades K-12
- Strong critical-thinking, research, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to be efficient and organized while working on multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience using online content management and communication systems
- Previous professional content editing and copy editing experience (required)
- Previous experience with academic and/or technical writing (preferred)
- Reviewing content to ensure that it is:
- Clear, cohesive, and organized
- Free from grammar and usage errors
- Factually accurate
- Informative, engaging, and grade-level appropriate
- Reflective of project-specific guidelines and sample items
- Aligned to an in-house style guide and the Chicago Manual of Style
Online lessons for K-12 subjects
IXL is passionate about improving learning for all. They apply technology in thoughtful and innovative ways to unlock students' innate curiosity, creativity, and desire for knowledge.
- 100% paid medical, dental, and vision
- Matching 401K retirement plan
- Flexible paid time off and sick days
- Passionate - We strive to create a work environment where all employees are united in our goal to delight and impress our customers, and to foster a culture that helps all IXLers thrive.
- Tenacious - We seek out learning opportunities for ourselves, understand that feedback and mistakes are part of the process rather than something to fear, and embrace a growth mindset.
- Authentic - We are authentic, kind, and honest in our interactions with our colleagues. We ask questions and listen to each other. And, we have fun and find joy in our work and collaborations.