VP – Finance
Financial Planning & Analysis
Posted on 11/22/2022
Remote • United States
- Serving as a thought leader to the executive team in meeting short-term goals while also maintaining the foundation for the long term strategy
- Guiding short term investments in the annual cycle, while understanding and tracking ROI of strategic corporate investments, creating an investment framework to guide these decisions
- Maturing and evolving the FP&A function to become proactive, predictive and insight oriented, enabling our business leaders to make strategic decisions and grow our business
- Selecting and leveraging the latest technology and automation capabilities to ensure that standard reporting and analysis is done in an efficient manner producing reliable analysis
- Ensuring finance business partners have an intimate knowledge of their business areas, and relevant experience so as to rapidly pivot to support changes in business drivers, scenario modeling and proactively initiate performance improvements
- Maintaining a driver based rolling 8 quarter forecast, providing visibility into our being able to meet or beat our goals, or inform how we allocate or reallocate capital, and thereby ensuring a simple agile annual planning process
- Ensuring highly integrated organic strategic and operational plans across all functions to drive growth and efficiency initiatives
- Building close relationships with external stakeholders and industry experts to provide insights and proactive integration of external economic conditions, benchmarking and capital management opportunities to enable strategic discussion with the CEO and CFO
- Compelling engagement by business leaders with their finance business partners, leading to PagerDuty maintaining high growth and scaling efficiently
- Providing strategic guidance in evaluating inorganic investment opportunities
- Partnering with Investor Relations in evolving the company narrative for investors, and creating a reliable foundation of business metrics/KPIs, including managing the company's long term financial model, architecting and maintaining the company's public market guidance /“beat and raise” model
- Proactively providing input, analysis and recommendations on improving the company capital structure and supporting the evolution of the company ESG program
- Extensive financial budget management experience, driving business leaders to manage to budgets and forecast, adapting to changing market dynamics
- Able to understand complex business drivers, produce high-quality analytics, develop insights and communicate clearly and succinctly to a different audiences (business leaders to executives)
- Able to work cross functionally, adapt to changing priorities, manage multiple priorities with accuracy and efficiency while meeting deadlines
- Maintains the highest accuracy and precision, and someone who is highly organized and can manage a diverse team with a diverse range of responsibilities
- Strong executive leadership skills with experience partnering at the board, investor, and executive management levels
- Forward-thinking, analytical and problem-solving mindset with a desire to constantly improve the status quo. Drawn to building off of ambiguous and unsolved problems and “making it happen”, while being comfortable to make decisions using available data points which can be limited or imperfect
- Extensive experience building, leading and developing the FP&A function in public companies, working with large organizations, leading and managing high-performing teams
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills and proven experience in cultivating collaborative working relationships with teams across an organization
- International experience and a demonstrated ability to work across multiple geographies and cultures
- Action-oriented professional with a take-charge, can-do attitude
- 15+ years of experience working in high growth environments, with experience in public SaaS or Software companies
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or related field; advanced degree preferred
Operations performance platform
PagerDuty's mission is to revolutionize operations and build customer trust by anticipating the unexpected in an unpredictable world.
- Health, AD&D, Disability, Vision, Life, and Dental Insurance
- Paternity and Maternity Leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- PTO (Vacation / Personal Days)
- Sick Time
- Remote Work
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Flexible Spending Account
- Student Loan Repayment Plan
Company Core Values
- Champion the Customer: User first. Make it easy. Build great products.
- Take the Lead: Disrupt more. Improve everywhere. Learn forever.
- Run Together: Create belonging. Deepen bonds. Team up.
- Ack + Own: See opportunities. Make it yours. Do right.
- Bring Your Self: Earn trust. Be present. Have heart.