The global financial ecosystem is changing. Revolutionary blockchain technology has unlocked the potential for people around the world to have more equal access to wealth and information. This transformation has begun with the mass global adoption of cryptocurrencies but like all new financial systems, it needs greater trust to realize its full potential and remain safe from bad actors. That’s where we come in. The Chainalysis blockchain data platform enables businesses, governments, and banks to solve the world’s most high-profile criminal cases, paving the way for an economy built on blockchains.
The engineering team at Chainalysis is inspired by solving the hardest technical challenges and creating products that build trust in cryptocurrencies. We’re a global organization with teams in the UK, Denmark, and the USA who thrive on the challenging work we do and doing it with other exceptionally talented teammates. Our industry changes every day and our job is to build a flexible platform that will allow us to adapt to those rapid changes.
Senior DevOps Engineer, Platform-Services, will work within a highly skilled team that thrives on making the whole engineering team more effective. Responsible for the evolution of our multi-cloud infrastructure, they champion infrastructure best-practices and influence team goals and product roadmaps. Whether it’s tools to make operating code in production easier, managing foundational shared services or education on AWS, the team is guided by the question - how do we help our colleagues reduce cognitive load and get more done? They’ll work with our Developer-Productivity, Cost and Security Engineering teams to understand the goals of the larger organization and to make sure that projects are successful.
In one year you’ll know you were successful if…
- Provided highly available and performant engineering platform services such Kubernetes, Kafka, Jenkins and Artifactory.
- Hardened production systems (maintained uptime targets, graceful degradation, self-healing and automated recovery)
- Worked closely with Developer-Productivity to enable R&D teams to self-serve engineering platform services.
- Brought innovative new ideas and contributed to the team roadmap.
- Worked with Information Security to improve the systems used to test releases for security issues
- Developed best practices around use of cloud technology (AWS).
- Reduced the barrier for every engineer at Chainalysis to operate their code in production.
- Established objective measures of done and documented assumptions
- Helped to build and follow SLAs and SLOs for our engineering platform infrastructure.
- Enabled Chainalysis to continually increase compliance and security standards whilst minimizing the burden on engineering teams.
- Identified infrastructure cost saving opportunities by collaborating with our Cost Optimisation team.
A background like this helps:
- A Deep understanding of AWS services and technologies such as IAM, S3, EC2, EKS, RDS, MSK and Lambda.
- Experience running, maintaining and troubleshooting multi-tenant Kubernetes clusters in a production environment.
- Experience with streaming pipelines (Kafka, Spark)
- Prior success implementing infrastructure as code including pipelines as code (Terraform, Helm, Ansible, Jenkins), and containerization technologies (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience in one or more of the following: Java, Scala, Golang, Python, or shell scripting
- Experience monitoring production systems (DataDog, Prometheus, etc.)
- Experience with tuning RDBMSs (ideally PostgreSQL)
- Experience operating in a standards compliant environment (e.g. ISO-27001, NIST 800-171, SOC 2)
- Have an interest in cryptocurrencies or a desire to learn - we can help!
At Chainalysis, we help government agencies, cryptocurrency businesses, and financial institutions track and investigate illicit activity on the blockchain, allowing them to engage confidently with cryptocurrency. We take care of our people with great benefits, professional development opportunities, and fun.
You belong here.
At Chainalysis, we believe that diversity of experience and thought makes us stronger. With both customers and employees around the world, we are committed to ensuring our team reflects the unique communities around us. Some of the ways we’re ensuring we keep learning are an internal Diversity Committee, Days of Reflection throughout the year including International Women’s Day, Harvey Milk Day, World Humanitarian Day, and UN International Migrants Day, and a commitment to continue revisiting and reevaluating our diversity culture.
We encourage applicants across any race, ethnicity, gender/gender expression, age, spirituality, ability, experience and more. Additionally, if you need any accommodations to make our interview process more accessible to you due to a disability, don’t hesitate to let us know. You can learn more here. We can’t wait to meet you.
By submitting this application, I consent to and authorize Chainalysis to contact my former employers, and any and all other persons and organizations for information bearing upon my qualifications for employment. I further authorize the listed employers, schools and personal references to give Chainalysis (without further notice to me) any and all information about my previous employment and education, along with other pertinent information they may have, and hereby waive any actions which I may have against either party(ies) for providing a reference. I understand any future employment will be contingent on the Company receiving satisfactory employment references.