Dave is one of the leading US neobanks and a pioneer in financial services, using disruptive technology to provide best in class banking services to millions of members at a fraction of the cost compared to incumbents. The anchor of our banking value proposition, ExtraCash, provides up to $500 of short term, interest free advances to members within minutes of joining. The speed to value, access and pricing of ExtraCash compared to traditional overdraft sets us apart from incumbents and is a key to our strategy to efficiently acquire transacting Dave debit card members.
We are looking for a Senior Product Manager to join our Credit Group. This role will focus on the designing, launching and iterating on a new unsecured credit product at Dave. Pre-launch there will be extensive product discovery to best understand where Dave is best positioned to meet our member’s needs and also differentiate within a crowded card market. Post-launch the focus will shift to scaling, across the Dave members base as well as new user acquisition, retention, and program profitability. You will develop and evangelize the strategic roadmap for your product, as well as work to integrate with features across the Dave product suite, ensuring an integrated and robust customer experience.
Our ideal candidate has a track record of success in creating and owning consumer facing Fintech products, while working in close collaboration with internal stakeholders. While not your direct reports, critical to your success will be the ability to lead a team of designers, data scientists, and engineers while partnering with marketing, legal, finance and other cross functional teams to evolve our product to a place that creates more value for our members and our business.
What you’ll do:
- Play a foundational role in launching Dave’s next credit product
- Develop and maintain a strategic roadmap that aligns to company, group and product objectives
- Lead a cross functional squad to execute against said roadmap
- Lead product discovery to identify and evaluate new features that are candidates for the roadmap
- Define squad priorities and commitments on a sprint by sprint basis
- Measure product performance including “run the business performance” and “experiment / new feature performance”
- Work with stakeholders to set and track short and long term goals
- Collaborate with other members of product, data, engineering and finance to find ways to expand our offering
- Design and run A/B tests to constantly be learning about how to push our products forward
What you’ll need
- 5+ years as a PM with some of that experience in a consumer facing mobile first product
- A willingness to wear multiple hats and do what is needed to move the team forward
- Strong track record of cross-functional collaboration and stakeholder management
- Exceptional communication skillsTo be a proactive, self-starter to define the path forward on a new product
- To be able to effectively navigate through ambiguity and bring clarity to your team
- Strong analytical skills and an ability to parse through noise and recognize signals
Nice to haves:
- Prior experience launching a 0-1 product
- Fintech experience
Don’t let imposter syndrome get in your way of an incredible opportunity. We’re looking for people who can help us achieve our mission and vision, not just check off the boxes. If you’re excited about this role, we encourage you to apply. You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles.
Why you’ll love working here:
At Dave, our people are just as important as our product. Our culture is a reflection of our values that guide who we are, how we work, and what we aspire to be. Daves are member centric, helpful, transparent, persistent, and better together. We strive to create an environment where all Daves feel valued, heard, and empowered to do their best work. As a virtual first company, team members can live and work anywhere in the United States, with the exception of Hawaii.
A few of our benefits & perks:
• Opportunity to tackle tough challenges, learn and grow from fellow top talent, and help millions of people reach their personal financial goals
• Flexible hours and virtual first work culture with a home office stipend
• Premium Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance plans
• Generous paid parental and caregiver leave
• 401(k) savings plan with matching contributions
• Financial advisor and financial wellness support
• Flexible PTO and generous company holidays, including Juneteenth and Winter Break
• All-company in-person events once or twice a year and virtual events throughout to connect with your team members and leadership team
Dave, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and is dedicated to cultivating a diverse and inclusive workplace. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants and do not discriminate on any basis protected by federal, state, or local law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant’s criminal history.