The heart of insitro’s strategy is the development of novel, innovative methods in machine learning and high-throughput science to address key bottlenecks in the drug development pipeline.
As Associate Director of Platform Industrialization, you will build the team and processes responsible for the implementation, support and continuous improvement of critical laboratory automation. You will work closely alongside our Automation Development teams to standardize and scale a variety of high content assays involving iPSCs, CRISPRx, and DNA-encoded libraries that make up the core of our drug discovery platform. You will hire and mentor a team of automation professionals, implement policy and collaborate with a variety of scientific teams, and develop custom hardware and software components that integrate and extend the capabilities of commercial automation systems from Hamilton, Beckman, Agilent, HRB, BioSero, etc.
You will be joining an innovative and collaborative biotech startup with significant funding, where you will have an important impact on the organization. You will work closely with a dedicated team, master a broad range of technologies, and help shape insitro’s culture, strategic vision, and outcomes as we endeavor to discover critical new therapeutics with life-changing impact to patients and their families.
- 10+ years experience implementing, developing, and supporting integrated hardware for laboratory automation
- Proven leadership abilities building and developing automation engineering teams
- Demonstrated ability deploying data-driven decision making using Statistical Process Control, IQ, OQ, PQ, and predictive maintenance to improve throughput and reliability of laboratory systems
- Aptitude designing and implementing custom electromechanical systems to enhance standard automation solutions
- Strong interpersonal skills collaborating with scientists, software engineers, lab managers.
- Experience collaborating with vendors to reduce support costs and increase performance of instrumentation
- Deep understanding of various documentation systems: version-control, ticketing, and device history records to track and improve automated systems over time.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a relevant technical field.
Nice to Have
- Experience with iPSC culture systems, microscopy and genomics workflows
- Understanding and interest in machine learning and other advanced data science approaches to analyzing large data sets
Compensation & Benefits at insitro
Our target starting salary for successful US-based applicants for this role is $160,000 - $210,000. To determine starting pay, we consider multiple job-related factors including a candidate’s skills, education and experience, the level at which they are actually hired, market demand, business needs, and internal parity. We may also adjust this range in the future based on market data.
This role is eligible for participation in our Annual Performance Bonus Plan (based on company targets by role level and annual company performance) and our Equity Incentive Plan, subject to the terms of those plans and associated policies.
In addition, insitro also provides our employees:
401(k) plan with employer matching for contributions
Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage (insitro pays 100% of premiums for employees), as well as mental health and well-being support
Open, flexible vacation policy
Paid parental leave
Quarterly budget for books and online courses for self-development
Support to occasionally attend professional conferences that are meaningful to your career growth and development
New hire stipend for home office setup
Monthly cell phone & internet stipend
Access to free onsite baristas and cafe with daily lunch and breakfast
Access to free onsite fitness center
insitro is a data-driven drug discovery and development company using machine learning and data at scale to transform the way that drugs are discovered and developed for patients. insitro is developing predictive machine learning models to discover underlying biologic state based on human cohort data and in-house generated cellular data at scale. These predictive models can be brought to bear on key bottlenecks in pharmaceutical R&D to advance novel targets and patient biomarkers, design therapeutics, and inform clinical strategy. insitro is advancing a wholly owned and partnered pipeline of biologic insights and molecules in neuroscience and metabolic diseases. Since formation in mid 2018, insitro has raised over $700 million from top tech, biotech, and crossover investors and from collaborations with pharmaceutical partners. For more information on insitro, please visit the company’s website at www.insitro.com