55 Bloor Street West
Data Analytics & Reporting
We are looking for some one excited by the following:
- Investigation into digital banking and digital product best practices
- Competitor research to understand how BMO offerings compare
- Analysis of various data sources and types to drive new insights
- Support the coordination of various meetings and projects
- Working knowledge of digital products & channels and e.g. contact centre, mobile and online.
- Working understanding of digital product management
- Knowledge of BMO’s products and services.
- Frontline customer service experience.
- Real estate secured lending experience
- Project management experience.
As a co-op/intern student at BMO, you will have the opportunity to be heard, keep growing and make a difference. You will be part of our campus program to gain the skills and knowledge needed to take on roles similar to the description listed below.
Our student experience is designed to integrate you to the BMO team from day one by adding value in the work you do. You will have the opportunity to participate in programs such as the Women in Technology Mentorship Program, BMO First Friend peer assignment, BMO Social Squad student-led activities, BMO U corporate learning platform and access to various Employee Resource Groups to further develop your network within BMO.
Interested in learning more about our campus program? Stay up-to-date with BMO Campus Recruitment by following us on Twitter @BMOonCampus & Instagram @BMO_on_Campus.
Please ensure you upload your resume, cover letter and transcript in the ‘Upload a file’ section prior to submitting your application.
Please note: Only students currently enrolled in an academic program and returning to their studies will be considered for our Co-op/Internship opportunities. Student who recently graduated are invited to apply to our New Grad opportunities which are available at: https://jobs.bmo.com/ca/en/new-grad
Consults on analytical solutions to understand, analyze, and synthesize requirements, goals and objectives relative to data and business intelligence needs and to enable high-quality, fact-based business decisions to drive better business outcomes. Provides advice on the configuration, functionality, applicability, and usability of data management, data analytics, and data visualization technology solutions. Supports the development of the strategy and roadmap for data quality and data analytics, data modeling, reporting, business intelligence, and the design and development of sophisticated decision support tools.
- Designs, develops, and implements innovative analytical solutions.
- Designs and produces regular and ad-hoc reports, and dashboards.
- Builds reports and visualizations to effectively communicate data driven insights to users for a variety of audiences e.g. visualization solutions of data into reports, graphics, dashboards to illustrate facts, trends, and insights.
- Develops solutions and makes recommendations based on an understanding of the business strategy and stakeholder needs.
- Supports development and execution of strategic analytics & reporting initiatives in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
- Analyzes data and information to provide subject-matter insights and recommendations.
- Develops tools and delivers training programs for use of reporting tools and self-serve analytics by non-analytical end users; may include delivery of training to audiences.
- Documents and maintain operational procedures and processes relating to analytical and reporting processes.
- Builds effective relationships with internal/external stakeholders.
- Collaborates with internal and external stakeholders in order to deliver on business objectives.
- Completes complex & diverse tasks within given rules/limits and may include handling escalations from other employees.
- Analyzes issues and determines next steps.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
- Typically between 2 – 3 years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in related field of study desirable or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge and experience in data preparation, data analysis, and statistical tool sets including but not limited to Spotfire, Tableau, SQL, SAS, R, Python, MATLAB, SPSS - Good.
- Specialized knowledge.
- Verbal & written communication skills - Good.
- Organization skills - Good.
- Collaboration & team skills - Good.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - Good.
We’re here to help
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmo.com/ca/en.
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Note to Recruiters: BMO does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to BMO, directly or indirectly, will be considered BMO property. BMO will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. A recruiting agency must first have a valid, written and fully executed agency agreement contract for service to submit resumes.