Director – Global Customer Care Operations
Posted on 12/1/2022
Bellevue, WA, USA
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- 10+ years of experience with
- 8+ years of experience as a people manager
- 10+ years of customer service, call center operations, and/or consulting experience or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience managing BPO/customer service/call-center vendors preferred
- Experience presenting to senior leadership, partnering cross-functionally, and driving change
- Complete understanding of call center operations, vendor management, Workforce management, operating procedures, and performance metrics; strong knowledge of CRM, call center software tools, and cloud-based telephony
- Demonstrated leadership and ability to work independently with minimal direction
- Demonstrated ability to establish a positive working environment, coach and guide teams
- Manage quarterly planning process for team goals and initiatives
- Manage PMO driving methodology, workspace and oversee overall projects for global support organization across different functions
- Own and drive global Support monthly, quarterly and annual business reviews, offsites and team building activities
- Own employee engagement and retention initiatives with rewards programs, career progression, etc
- Demonstrated ability developing streamlined onboarding and training programs
- Established competency in creating and rolling out customer service processes, policies, and procedures
- Highly developed problem-solving skills and sound decision-making combined with analytical experience is required; ability to analyze data, identify issues, and implement process improvements
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple priorities successfully; proven ability to manage improvement projects from concept to deployment
- Lead care efforts, building out and executing on a global roadmap rooted in SLAs and KPIs
- Establish and evolve reporting on SLAs, KPIs, and other relevant insights; regularly present data to leadership
- Manage customer care vendors and SaaS tool relationships
- Drive case management processes and automation for tiered support in case management system and across the organization
- Evaluate existing systems and processes and implement redesigns to improve KPIs and efficiency
- Manage and grow global workforce management, scheduling and forecasting function for global support organization
- Establish clear and measurable goals for the customer service teams; develop applicable metrics and track achievement of goals
- Oversee the deployment of technology and features that improve the customer experience, alleviate the burden on our agents, and facilitate efficient operations
- Act as a change agent, systematically driving continuous improvement and operational excellence
- Stay abreast of overall business targets, schedules, and activities
- Work closely with other functions to be the voice of the customer, providing insight and metrics on historic and anticipated challenges
- Lead other groups to address customer-impacting issues, armed with clear, data-driven business cases
- Follow emerging trends and best practices in customer service to identify continuous improvement and efficiency/productivity opportunities
- Create and manage process and training for encouraging retention in all customer communications
- Prepare forecasts of expenditures/costs, tickets, types of issues, escalations, budgets, etc building a sustainable estimation model
- Manage the appropriate budgets and ensure staffing and tier 1 & 2 workforce planning adequately cover customer complaint/inquiry volume within SLAs
- Oversee the training and development of current/new hires to provide the level of service that exceed customer expectations as well as ongoing training needs
- Ensure full compliance with all regulations, compliance, and audit reports
- Oversee the Quality and change management processes across the global care organization to ensure best customer experience
Cloud-based collaboration platform
Smartsheet's mission is to empower anyone to drive meaningful change - for themselves, their businesses and even for the world.
- Health and wellness benefits - From sick days to mental health services, we support you. We provide company-sponsored comprehensive healthcare coverage and well-being benefit programs so you can take care of your whole self.
- Time away - We want you to find time for what matters to you. We offer a variety of programs so you can recharge and reconnect, including paid time off for company holidays, vacation, volunteering, military leave, and parental bonding.
- An investment in your future - We help you plan for the dreams you’re working toward. We offer every employee competitive pay, retirement contributions, stock awards, and an employee stock purchase program.
- Perks and discounts - It's the details that make life easier. From discount programs and an allowance for work-related expenses, to medical concierge (U.S. only) and caregiver services, we help set you up for success both at work and outside of it.
- An inclusive environment - We strive to foster a culture of belonging that is rooted in respect for all people. We believe that by celebrating diversity of voices and experiences, and by creating equitable opportunities for our team, customers, and communities, we enable people to do and be their best.
- Continuous learning - We know that when you’re growing, so are we. That's why we provide opportunities to develop on the job through internal mobility, virtual learning, and a variety of development programs.
Company Core Values
- Value-driven culture - We don’t just talk the talk. Our award-winning culture stems from having a core set of values that are lived daily from the top down.
- Meaningful impact - Smartsheet helps employees achieve more by providing a supportive, respectful culture that pushes its people to excel and innovate.
- Investing in employees - From wide-ranging benefits to on-site development programs, Smartsheet is truly invested in its employees' well-being — both in and outside of the workplace.