Hey there. Glad you found us! Flock Freight is a technology company that’s creating a smarter, more sustainable supply chain. Our patented technology finds and fills trucks’ empty spaces so shippers can save money, carriers can earn more money, and goods move terminal-free with more accuracy and fewer emissions. Sounds like a pretty big task, right? Welp, it is. But we know we can make it happen.
If you’re looking for the opportunity to make a difference then you’ve come to the right place. We’re looking for folks that are innovative, love collaborating in a fast-paced environment, and find joy and excitement in doing the hard work. If that sounds like you then keep on reading and see if this role is the one for you.
What’s the role all about?
As the HRIS and Benefits Manager at Flock Freight, you will oversee and maintain all employee benefits programs and policies, ensuring our team members have access to competitive perks and benefits. You will be an integral addition to our People team, administering engaging programs and leveraging your analytical skills to provide reports and insights to leadership. You’ll lead as the Subject Matter Expert of our HRIS platform (UKG), overseeing the development, configuration, and implementation, while building a strategic roadmap for process improvements. Our ideal candidate is incredibly employee-centric, bringing a customer service mindset and excellent communication to create a fun and engaging employee experience.
What does the day-to-day look like?
- Acts as the HR Technology and Benefits subject matter expert, working with various departments to understand business requirements. Works with People Team to configure and test the various system solutions to best meet the organization’s needs while leveraging technology to be more efficient, accurate, and customer-oriented.
- Serves as Lead Admin for Flock’s workforce management platform, UKG.
- Anticipates business requirements and creates new configurations and builds workflows within UKG, maintaining employment data with 100% accuracy
- Designs and implements engaging employee benefits programs that support our team members’ physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
- Own and administer all benefits programs, including health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, 401(k), and other fringe benefits
- Evaluates and modifies our current benefits programs to ensure they remain competitive, cost-effective, and aligned with our company’s strategic goals and initiatives.
- Provides ongoing proactive education and communication to employees about their benefits package, including plan options, enrollment periods, and eligibility criteria.
- Drives relationship with our Benefits Broker, HUB International, to negotiate contracts, resolve issues, and ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements
- Leverages their analytical skills to provide reports and insights to senior leadership, helping to inform benefits program decisions and drive engagement.
- Collaborates with Senior Leadership and Finance to develop and manage the annual benefits budget
- Ensures compliance with all federal, state, and local regulations, including ERISA, ACA, and HIPAA.
- Acts as project manager for various HRIS projects including, but not limited to existing system enhancements, implementation of new systems, and special projects as needed.
- Serves as the backup for benefits, leave of absence, and personnel change processing.
What qualifications do I need to succeed in this role?
- A passion for creating a fun and engaging employee experience.
- 5+ years of experience in employee benefits administration, with a strong understanding of benefits regulations and compliance.
- Minimum 2 years experience working in UKG.
- Hands-on implementation and configuration experience with HRIS systems, preferably UKG/UltiPro.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to interpret data to make informed decisions.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact effectively with all levels of employees and third-party vendors.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities, meet deadlines, and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Advanced Excel/Google Sheets skills
- A sense of humor and a positive attitude!
- SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) is a plus
The expected compensation range for this position is $110,000 to $140,000. When determining an offer, we take into account a variety of factors that are important in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and tenure; education and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. The disclosed range estimate is based on market data for the greater San Diego area. Salary bands may, in some circumstances, be adjusted to a different geographic area depending on the candidate’s position and location. In general, Flock Freight targets the mid-point of this salary range.
In addition to salary, full-time employees are also eligible for an equity package and our competitive benefits that support you and your family as part of your total rewards package at Flock Freight. If you are local to San Diego, Chicago, or the surrounding areas, your presence will be expected in one of Flock Freight’s headquarters locations (San Diego or Chicago) in a hybrid capacity. Ask your recruiter for more specifics about your team’s hybrid policy!
Our promise to you:
Flock Freight is committed to creating an environment that’s fair and inclusive. We fill our open positions based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. We value the skills of people from all backgrounds and are proud to hire, promote, and retain talent from a diverse candidate pool. Diverse perspectives are central to innovation at Flock Freight and make our team better. We’re interested in your inherent abilities, not just the skills you bring from your last role - if you think you have what it takes to succeed in the role but don’t check every box, please still get in touch. We’d love to start a conversation with you.
Life & Benefits of the Flock:
- Unlimited PTO: Our Flockers work hard and deserve the time they need to rest and recharge. With no accrual system, we encourage you to the time you need off, when you need it.
- 401(k) Employer Match: We know Flock may just be a stepping stone in your epic journey, but we want to be sure you’re setting your future self up for success! For that reason, we provide a 401(k) plan that offers a 4% employer match.
- Medical, Dental & Vision: Generous coverage for employees and dependents. Both HMO and PPO options provided with 100% Employer paid options for employees.
- Mental Health: We offer all employees and their dependents (this includes anyone in your household) access to free virtual therapy sessions through HealthiestYou. This free service also offers nutritional help, general medicine and dermatology.
- Hybrid Work Environment: We are happy to offer our employees a hybrid work model to balance both the power of in-person connection and flexibility of work from home. In general, Flock Freight teams are on-site 3 days a week.
Flock Freight has zero tolerance for behavior that negatively impacts marginalized groups, including women, people of color, veterans, immigrants, people with disabilities, and members of the LGBTQIA+ community. We invite people of all identities to join the Flock!