Loopio is a workplace that unleashes learning & growth opportunities for our Loopers. We provide autonomous, challenging work that allows each employee to master their craft. We attract and retain people who are naturally curious, have grit and are eager to grow and build their careers. At Loopio, we genuinely support each other, because true success comes from working as #oneteam.
Loopio is looking for a passionate and endlessly curious Senior Software Developer to join the Core Search/Content Discovery Team, one of our growing teams. The teams’ vision is to offer intelligent search results and actionable recommendations to our users in order to streamline the RFP response process. If you are a passionate software engineer who always looks at opportunities to improve your mastery, and enjoys working in a fast paced collaborative environment, you will be successful in this role.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Leading and rapidly building end-to-end features from scratch for Loopio’s web platform and Microservices
- Proactively build technology to prevent bugs as they come upInteract with and gather detailed feedback from our customers because you understand that creating a user-centric experience comes first
- Collaborate closely with our Product Managers and Product Designers in an agile environment to bring features to life and iterate on them based on our customers’ feedback
- Mentor and coach others, providing technical guidance and helping build an environment of knowledge-sharing and encouraged feedback
- Comfortable leading technical design discussions and facilitating technical decision making. Experience as a technical lead is a bonus!
What You’ll Bring to the Team
- Passionate about search and machine learning
- 5+ years of professional software development experience
- Strong experience in backend/API background of Python or PHP is preferred.
- Strong understanding of RDBMS such as MySQL
- Familiar with and proficient writing unit/functional/end to end tests
- Proficient in using and designing RESTful APIs
- Mentorship to other engineers through coaching, design, code reviews
- Comfortable guiding technical design discussions and facilitating technical decision making
- A growing passion for driving processes and improving software development productivity for your team
- Experience in the following is a plus: Elasticsearch, SOLR or similar, Python, AWS (Lambda, Kinesis, Opensearch), Terraform
- Proven experience designing and implementing scalable web applications is a plus
Where You’ll Work
- Loopio is a remote-first workplace because we recognize the advantages of working flexibly. We have two Hub Regions, which means that employees live and work within a 300 KM radius of Toronto (within Ontario) or Vancouver (within British Columbia) and work within regular business hours in their timezone.
- Loopio’s office headquarters are located in Toronto’s vibrant Kensington Market. All Loopers have the option to work from home. Ontario Loopers have the option to work in the Toronto HQ and BC Loopers may work from our co-working office in Gastown Vancouver. It is whatever works best for you!
- You’ll collaborate with your teams virtually (we’re just a Zoom call away!) and have established core sync hours and focus time during the workday to enable us to work smarter together
Why You’ll Love Working at Loopio
- Your manager supports your development by providing ongoing feedback and regular 1-on-1s
- You have tons of autonomy and responsibility: this role provides an opportunity to try new things and push creative boundaries
- You’ll learn more than you thought was possible; our team is obsessed with personal and professional growth (every Looper receives a professional mastery allowance each year)
- You’ll be set up to work remotely with a MacBook laptop, a monthly phone and internet allowance, and a work-from-home budget to help get your home office all set up!
- Join us in quarterly company celebrations and a company-wide annual retreat to celebrate the big wins and milestones as #oneteam!
- You’ll be joining a culture that has thoughtfully built out opportunities for connections in a remote-first environment.
- We have Employee Resource Groups, House Teams (curious? ask us about it!), virtual yoga, cooking classes and many more moments for us to have fun and learn together!
- You’ll be a part of an award-winning workplace and one of Canada’s fastest-growing companies with ample opportunity to make a big impact here!
We recognize that all too often, potential candidates don’t apply for a position simply because they don’t hit every single criteria included in the job description—particularly members of underrepresented groups.
Whether or not your experience checks off all the boxes on a job posting, we still encourage you to apply to ensure that your application receives a review from our team. We understand that a resume can only showcase so much during the applicant stage, so we’ve created prompts in the application for you to share more about yourself. If you’ve made a career transition (or a few!), you’re self taught in a new role, or you have skills/experience you’d like to highlight, we want to hear more about what you could bring to the table.
Loopio is an equal opportunity employer that is deeply committed to building equitable workplaces that are diverse and inclusive. We actively encourage candidates from all backgrounds and lifestyles to consider us as a future employer. Please contact a member of our Talent Experience team ([email protected]) should you require accommodations at any point during our virtual interview processes.