Staff Applied Scientist
Updated on 3/29/2023
Seattle, WA, USA
Data Structures & Algorithms
Natural Language Processing (NLP)
- Exposure to deep learning (pre-training and/or fine-tuning models like BERT, RoBERTa, T5, BART, XLNet, wav2vec, HuBERT, etc.)
- Strong background in statistics, and passion for data are essential for success in this role
- Experience of programming in Python, Java, Go or C++, along with strong software engineering skills
- Familiarity with container-based workflows and services, like, Kubernetes
- Familiarity with microservices and distributed systems
- Familiarity with continuous-deployment projects
- Willing to go above and beyond to help other team members
- Ability to prioritize details along a path of iterative delivery
- Ability to quickly ramp up new technologies and start contributing
- Working with voice streams and real-time transcriptions of voice streams to extract intelligence and actionable insights for customers
- Analyzing the relevance of extracted intelligence, performance of the extraction algorithms, and evaluating the performance of third party voice processing APIs
- Finding ways to engineer high availability into a system that has lots of moving parts, not all of which are directly under your control
- Working with stakeholders to make sure our customers have the tools they need to be successful on our platform
- Finding quick ways to prototype and test possible solutions to large problems
- Looking across the stack for the best return on investment for any given pain point
- Experience working on NLP algorithms for production machine learning systems (experience with conversational systems is a plus)
Sales engagement platform
Outreach is on a mission to solve sales problems. The company operates the number one sales engagement platform that helps companies dramatically increase productivity and drive smarter engagement with their customers.
- Parental Leave: Extended PTO for both parents, plus unique perks to ease the transition of returning to work.
- Full Medical Benefits: Majority of employer paid medical, dental and vision coverage.
- 401k: A competitive plan to help you save for retirement.
- Flexible Time Off: We believe in a healthy work/life balance, and in our employees to make practical time off arrangements.
Company Core Values
- We are hungry craftspeople - we’re obsessed with continuous improvement.
- We have grit and perseverance - we know that true champions have the will to break through walls.
- We are one with our customers - we treat their pain and success as our own.
- We’re always honest - with ourselves, our colleagues and our community.
- We got your back - working at Outreach means you’re part of a family where no matter what, we’ll help you accomplish ever great feats and celebrate with you.
- We take ownership - each of us is responsible for our collective success, and we expect you to represent your authentic self.
- We find strength in diversity, equity and inclusion - we go out of our way to find different points of view that challenge our own perspective