Lead Production Engineer
Posted on 10/21/2022
West Athens, CA, USA
Printed Circuit Board (PCB) Design
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering discipline
- 3+ years of experience in the design and/or production of electro-mechanical systems
- 1+ years of direct leadership experience or project leadership scope
- Degree in mechanical, electrical, or industrial engineering
- Strong manufacturing fundamentals including GD&T, DFM, scheduling, and knowledge of avionics manufacturing processes (PCB fabrication, SMT, laser cutting, waterjet, CNC, etc.)
- Experience with database manipulation (SQL) and dashboard creation
- Experience in facility and line layouts, factory optimization, capital equipment, and lean principles
- Experience with sharing information and influencing others across organizational lines
- Experience working both autonomously and as a team in a highly demanding environment
- Strong demonstrated capability in CAD, mechanism design, and prototyping
- Knowledge of and experience in selecting manufacturing methods for electro-mechanical parts
- Strong written and verbal communication skills - ability to make presentations to engineering, team members, internal customers, and management
- Must be willing to support extended hours and weekends when necessary to support launch and critical project timelines
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here
- Generate and maintain team workflows, technical standards, KPIs, and resource loading
- Manage performance of 6+ engineers. Facilitate technical growth in DFM analysis, process definition/planning, tooling design, new product introduction processes, and process control
- Perform a hands-on engineering and liaison role between the hardware design team, production engineering, and floor technicians
- Participate in design reviews acting as an expert in avionics design for testability, design for manufacturability, yield improvements, supplier capabilities assessments, and quality control
- Drive optimization of manufacturing and test procedures for flight acceptance. Prepare process capability and capacity analysis using basic six sigma elements
- Work for a production environment with a focus on design for manufacturability and automation
- Demonstrate innovation, technical excellence, attention to detail, and self-direction
- Drive for results and customer satisfaction by collaborating with teams, leading projects, and continuously driving improvements in production
Designs, manufactures, & launches rockets and spacecrafts
SpaceX's mission is to make humanity multiplanetary. The company is working on a next generation of fully reusable launch vehicles that will be the most powerful ever built, capable of carrying humans to Mars and other destinations in the solar system.
- Benefits and Perks - Our employees’ well-being is important to us and essential to our capacity to do extraordinary things. We offer a wide variety of programs to support the health, wellness, and financial security of our employees and their families.
Company Core Values
- Make History - SpaceX has gained worldwide attention for a series of historic milestones. It is the only private company capable of returning a spacecraft from low-Earth orbit, and in 2012 our Dragon spacecraft became the first commercial spacecraft to deliver cargo to and from the International Space Station. And in 2020, SpaceX became the first private company to take humans there as well.
- Reusability - SpaceX believes a fully and rapidly reusable rocket is the pivotal breakthrough needed to substantially reduce the cost of space access. The majority of the launch cost comes from building the rocket, which historically has flown only once.
- Landing - SpaceX’s family of Falcon launch vehicles are the first and only orbital class rockets capable of reflight. Depending on the performance required for the mission, Falcon lands on one of our autonomous spaceport droneships out on the ocean or one of our landing zones near our launch pads.