As a Senior Staff Software Engineer - Data Infrastructure, you will build technology that saves lives. At Aledade we use data to save lives. This opportunity is to improve millions of people’s mental and physical health, that’s what we do here at Aledade. We empower primary care physicians to use technology to keep their patients healthy, by preventing unnecessary hospitalizations.
At Aledade, you will sit at the intersection of:
A huge problem; amounting to trillions of dollars of waste in U.S. Healthcare spending.
An approach that moves the needle; In the U.S., we wait until someone has a stroke, then are hospitalized. From there, no expense is spared. Using technology, Aledade changes that by enabling doctors to intervene with the proper preventive care, like blood pressure control, before it becomes a stroke.
A platform that works at scale
; last year 11,000 physicians across 36 states served ~1.7M
patients, saving 24,000 unnecessary hospitalizations and 120,000 visits to the emergency room using Aledade’s technology.
But the journey is only 1% done, come join us to build a world-class team that will not quit till it addresses the trillions of dollars of suffering in U.S. healthcare spending.
As a Senior Staff Software Engineer, you will lead teams of engineers to develop long-term plans that will take us beyond traditional monolithic SQL engines and batch pipelines. You will build the next generation of distributed data storage and processing systems. You will build systems that can scale indefinitely and surpass traditional query performance while making the interfaces for that data simple, expressive, and cleanly abstracted. Your interfaces will support a broad array of data consumers, from our web application to business analytics and artificial intelligence.
Technologies we use:
PostgreSQL / Amazon Aurora, Snowflake, Python, Airflow, Docker, Kubernetes, Redis, Confluent, Cognito, Cloudfront, Spark, DataBricks.
- Design multi-year vision with incremental deliverables that architect abstractions to allow for ingesting and processing multiple clinical and patient data feeds
- Use and develop algorithms to harvest knowledge from data
- Re-design systems to meet the growing data and query needs
- Build services from the ground up
- Have end-to-end ownership across reliability, performance, and scalability of services
- Set and uphold the standard for engineering processes to support high-quality engineering, including style and code checking, test harnesses, and release packaging
- Work closely with Product Management, Practices, Sales, Customer Success, and other stakeholders to understand product usage patterns and trends and to make data-driven decisions and forecasts.
- Create security around client data, and protect individual patient health information
As the engineering team grows, you will lift the people around you:
- Mentoring and galvanizing new engineers to do their best work
- Working across disciplines to shape a product strategy and execution
- BS/BTech (or higher) in Computer Science or a related field required
- 7+ years of production-level experience as an engineer building highly scalable and reliable infrastructure in Java, Scala, C++, C#, or an equivalent language.
- Comfortable working towards a multi-year vision with incremental deliverables.
- Strong foundation in algorithms and data structures and their real-world use cases.
- Experience with distributed big data processing systems (Spark, Hadoop), workflow orchestration frameworks (Airflow, DBT), and large-scale messaging systems(Kafka, RabbitMQ, etc).
- Experience working on cross-functional teams and matrixed organizations
- Motivated by delivering customer value and impact.
- Experience with security and systems that handle sensitive data
- 5+ years of experience acting as a trusted technical decision-maker in a team setting, solving for short-term and long-term business value
- Working knowledge of health-tech systems, like Electronic Health Records, Clinical data, etc.
All prospective hires will be required to demonstrate that they have been fully vaccinated, including booster shots, against COVID-19 with a COVID-19 vaccine for which the U.S. Food and Drug Administration has issued a license or an Emergency Use Authorization prior to mutually-agreed upon start date at Aledade, unless they qualify for a medical or religious accommodation to this vaccination requirement.
If you are passionate about transforming the healthcare system into one that best serves the needs of patients, doctors, and society, we’d love for you to join us!
Who We Are:
Aledade is a leader in population health that is using innovative, value based solutions to transform the way physicians interact with their patients. We are on a mission to change healthcare for the better and solve complex problems within the healthcare system.
We follow the simple but radical idea that Aledade only succeeds when our partner practices succeed. From our cutting-edge technology platform to practice transformation services, we provide physicians with everything they need to create and run an accountable care organization (ACO
), revamping the way they practice and getting them back to where they should be: quarterbacking their patients’ health care!
Our customized solutions help clinicians in communities across America preserve their autonomy, deliver better care to their patients, reduce overall costs, and keep independent physician practices flourishing.
What Does This Mean for You?
At Aledade, you will be part of a creative culture that is driven by a passion for tackling complex issues with respect, open-mindedness, and a desire to learn. You will work with team members that bring a wide range of experiences, interests, backgrounds, beliefs, and achievements to their work, united by a shared passion for public health and a commitment to the Aledade mission.
We’ve recently been recognized as a Top Workplace by The Washington Post, Best Workplace in HealthCare & Biopharma, Top 100 Best Small & Medium Workplaces, Glassdoor Best Places to Work, a Best and Brightest Companies to Work for in the Nation, a Tech Tribune 10 Best Tech Startups in Maryland and Bethesda, Best Tech for Good, Best Workplaces for Millennials, Best Workplaces for Women, Best Workplaces for Parents, Top Workplaces USA, and a Healthcare Industry Top Workplace.
That’s because the things that matter to you also matter to us!
In addition to time off to support work-life balance and enjoyment, we offer the following comprehensive benefits package designed for the needs of our full-time team-members:
Flexible work schedules and ability to work remotely available for many roles
Educational Assistant Program
Robust time off plan (21 days of PTO in your first year!)
Paid Volunteer Days
11 paid holidays
12 weeks paid Parental Leave for all new parents
6 weeks paid sabbatical
Health, dental and vision insurance paid up to 80% for employees, dependents, and domestic partners
401(k) with up to 4% match
Monthly cell phone stipend
Jeans everyday workplace
Gender neutral bathrooms
At Aledade, we don’t just accept differences, we celebrate them! We strive to attract, develop, and retain highly qualified individuals representing the diverse communities where we live and work. Aledade is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Employment policies and decisions at Aledade are based on merit, qualifications, performance, and business needs. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth or medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), gender identity or expression, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, legally protected genetic information, marital status, veteran status, or sexual orientation.