Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
San Francisco, CA, USA
- Strong understanding of user experience design principles and proven experience of mapping complex flows to simple and effective user interfaces
- Experience designing solutions for enterprise software that takes into account large-scale deployments, security, and user management
- Ability to design interfaces that make complex data easy to parse and understand
- A systems-thinking mindset that can bring a long-term vision to life through scalable design patterns and components for admin tooling
- Ability to easily reconcile tradeoffs in complex spaces while helping to chart a path forward for the team
- Successful track record of collaborating with design, marketing, and engineering partners to translate user needs, business goals, marketing insights, and project constraints into informed design output
- Ability to independently prioritize work based on project objectives and business goals, and thrive in a fast-paced, high-growth startup environment
- Design tools, features, and products that help admins better manage Retool instances; improving productivity, visibility, and managing security and compliance risk
- Create visual artifacts for user flows and technical capabilities to help create alignment across the team
- Map complex data models, like user permissions, groups, and instance management into easy to understand mental models for customers who are administrating Retool at their company
- Work with customers to understand their needs deeply and work with product and engineering partners to help find solutions that solve their problems and can scale with them as they grow
- Collaborate with other designers across the organization to ensure the features you build fits well into the overall vision with how Retool works and functions for admins, developers, and end-users
- Be an active participant in design at Retool, providing thoughtful feedback across design and product teams in critiques, reviews, and more
- Likely has at least 7~ years of experience as a professional designer for digital products. if designing enterprise tooling at some point during that time (If you feel confident in your abilities and have less experience, feel free still to apply)
Internal tooling software
Retool's mission is to create the future of internal software by making software development for engineers simpler and more accessible.
- Competitive healthcare, dental and vision benefits.
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner at our San Francisco and New York offices.
- $1,200 annual stipend for anything learning-related (books, conferences, classes, etc.).
- $1,000 work-from-home-setup stipend.
- Take the time you need to recharge!
- Family planning support and paid parental leave.
- Enrollment and matching up to an effective rate of 4%.
- Mental health and wellness benefits