Development Test Specialist
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
West Athens, CA, USA
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate
- 4+ years of experience working with electrical or mechanical systems; OR a bachelor's degree in an engineering, math or science discipline
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering, math or science discipline
- Strong skills in debugging, performance optimization, and testing
- Creative approach to problem solving, exceptional analytical skills and engineering fundamentals
- Strong understanding of technical documentation, engineering drawings, and schematics
- Experience working and administering a Linux environment
- Developed and deployed software that has been used in real world projects (Python preferred)
- Understanding of networking, including VLANs, namespaces and routing
- PLC experience as well as actual programming experience with the Structured Text language
- Ability to adapt and process change quickly
- Excellent computer skills (email, Microsoft Windows, ERP/MRP/MES systems, iOS, executing custom developed software)
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and teamwork skills
- Ability to provide process and design improvement
- Up to 25% of travel or more may be required
- Standing for long periods of time, climbing up and down ladders, bending, grasping, sitting, pulling, pushing, stooping, and stretching are generally required to perform the functions of this position
- Ability to lift up to 25lbs. unassisted
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here
- Support engineering activities such as design, test, modification, fabrication and assembly of mechanical and electrical test assemblies
- Develop test solutions for power, RF/WiFi and aviation Starlink products
- Design and build wire harnesses, PCBAs, test racks and environmental simulation equipment
- Design custom fixtures and procure tooling for development tests
- Perform development and qualification testing campaigns utilizing TestX, bill of design and other Warp related features
- Operate and maintain a test lab environment with an eye for safety
- Perform PCBA soldering rework and other PCBA related requests
- Troubleshoot and resolve technical challenges with developing hardware and associated test equipment
- Perform process development and validation on new equipment in extremely aggressive timelines
- Support Starlink Aviation goals, including development of hardware, DO160 test campaigns, conformity and installation efforts
Designs, manufactures, & launches rockets and spacecrafts
SpaceX's mission is to make humanity multiplanetary. The company is working on a next generation of fully reusable launch vehicles that will be the most powerful ever built, capable of carrying humans to Mars and other destinations in the solar system.
- Benefits and Perks - Our employees’ well-being is important to us and essential to our capacity to do extraordinary things. We offer a wide variety of programs to support the health, wellness, and financial security of our employees and their families.
Company Core Values
- Make History - SpaceX has gained worldwide attention for a series of historic milestones. It is the only private company capable of returning a spacecraft from low-Earth orbit, and in 2012 our Dragon spacecraft became the first commercial spacecraft to deliver cargo to and from the International Space Station. And in 2020, SpaceX became the first private company to take humans there as well.
- Reusability - SpaceX believes a fully and rapidly reusable rocket is the pivotal breakthrough needed to substantially reduce the cost of space access. The majority of the launch cost comes from building the rocket, which historically has flown only once.
- Landing - SpaceX’s family of Falcon launch vehicles are the first and only orbital class rockets capable of reflight. Depending on the performance required for the mission, Falcon lands on one of our autonomous spaceport droneships out on the ocean or one of our landing zones near our launch pads.