Human Resources Representative, Raptor Production
Posted on 4/21/2022
West Athens, CA, USA
- Bachelor's degree
- 2+ years of human resources experience
- Experience in a production or manufacturing environment supporting an hourly workforce
- Demonstrated success at building effective relationships
- Ability to lead with a positive attitude and approach challenges head-on
- Experience independently handling employee relations issues
- Familiarity with Greenhouse, UltiPro, and/or Workday
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to use independent judgment to make decisions as well as organize and prioritize work
- Demonstrated excellence thriving in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Position requires ability to work extended hours when needed based on site operational needs; flexibility required
- This is not a remote position and will require relocation if not already local to the LA/Hawthorne, CA area
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here
- Respond to employee inquiries, questions and complaints, and provide information, guidance and direction on employee relations issues, performance management, and other core HR functions
- Operate as a key business partner to employees, managers, directors and senior leaders on workforce analytics, organizational optimization, leadership development, and other strategic initiatives
- Work closely with the functional experts in HR (recruiting, training and development, compensation, and benefits) to ensure programs are optimized for the needs of your client groups and to shape SpaceX-wide programs
- Counsel and assist employees and managers, guided by the Company's policies and relevant laws/regulations
- Facilitate internal transfers, oversee and facilitate promotion opportunities, conduct exit interviews, and identify trends to support retention, career development and to minimize risk for the business
- Work with managers and above to implement key HR recommendations and change efforts
- Assist with the creation, documentation, and implementation of human resources policies, programs, and processes
- Uphold standards of strict confidentiality with respect to all matters and documents
- Maintain employee files and process HR transactions in Workday
Designs, manufactures, & launches rockets and spacecrafts
SpaceX's mission is to make humanity multiplanetary. The company is working on a next generation of fully reusable launch vehicles that will be the most powerful ever built, capable of carrying humans to Mars and other destinations in the solar system.
- Benefits and Perks - Our employees’ well-being is important to us and essential to our capacity to do extraordinary things. We offer a wide variety of programs to support the health, wellness, and financial security of our employees and their families.
- Make History - SpaceX has gained worldwide attention for a series of historic milestones. It is the only private company capable of returning a spacecraft from low-Earth orbit, and in 2012 our Dragon spacecraft became the first commercial spacecraft to deliver cargo to and from the International Space Station. And in 2020, SpaceX became the first private company to take humans there as well.
- Reusability - SpaceX believes a fully and rapidly reusable rocket is the pivotal breakthrough needed to substantially reduce the cost of space access. The majority of the launch cost comes from building the rocket, which historically has flown only once.
- Landing - SpaceX’s family of Falcon launch vehicles are the first and only orbital class rockets capable of reflight. Depending on the performance required for the mission, Falcon lands on one of our autonomous spaceport droneships out on the ocean or one of our landing zones near our launch pads.