Perception Lead
Autonomy Engineering
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Toronto, ON, Canada
Experience Level
Desired Skills
  • Bachelor's Degree or Master's Degree candidate in Computer Science, Math, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Robotics, Physics, or a related field
  • Prior background (academic or industrial) in development of perception modules for autonomous systems, including strong theoretical expertise
  • Knowledge of the latest camera-based object detection models, lane detection models, LiDAR-based object detection models, segmentation models, etc…
  • Strong C++ (preferred) or Python programming and algorithmic problem-solving skills
  • Working experience in a Linux based Operating System
  • Experience using the Robot Operating System (ROS) framework and tools like Rviz, rqt, tf, etc
  • Strong reasoning skills and mathematics background including linear algebra, geometry, calculus, optimization, and probability to name a few
  • Solid engineering background with hands-on design and development experience
  • Experience with field testing autonomous systems
  • Collaborative nature and effective communicator
  • Define, implement, and own hands-on improvements to upgrade the perception module, targeting milestones, growing the team, and working with internal/external partners - expect to spend 80% of your time performing hands-on development, with the remaining 20% leading the subsystem development roadmap, including directing schedule, removing obstacles, and coaching the team to hit aggressive milestones
  • Lead a team of engineers bringing up all components necessary for reliable autonomous driving in the airside environment, including vehicle corridors and the apron
  • Qualify all subsystems using objective measures, with an eye to functional safety and systems engineering best practices
  • Collaborate with vehicle engineering to create an integrated system, including sensor/compute selection and integration
Desired Qualifications
  • MS or PhD in Computer Science, Math, Robotics, or a related field
  • In-Depth understanding of DDS frameworks like ROS/ROS2 or other networking middleware
  • Proven track record of system development and successful deployment of unmanned systems in existing or upcoming products
  • Mastery of Modern C++ (14 and beyond) and safety-critical coding practices (MISRA and ISO 26262 compliance)
  • 2+ years of focused industry experience on perception for robotic ground vehicles

1-10 employees

Autonomous driving platform development