IT Support Specialist
Posted on 8/11/2022
Vancouver, BC, Canada
- Problem solving and intuitive troubleshooting skills
- A strong understanding of connecting computers to networks especially over wifi and VPN
- Ability to lift 50+ lbs computer equipment and hardware, climb ladders and use hand tools where necessary
- Ability to work some weekend days and holidays in a rotation with other team members
- VOIP administration experience, especially with Amazon Connect
- Experience troubleshooting Chrome OS
- Experience building Windows images
- Command-line Unix experience
- You've used Atlassian products before, especially JIRA
- Being a serious A/V geek!
- Experience with GSuite tools including GMail, Google Docs, and Google Calendar
- You have a history of expanding your knowledge via technical training (self-taught and/or formal) and certification
- Answer questions and support Block employees in person at our amazing offices and online (via email, Slack, and tickets)
- Image Mac, Windows, and Linux computers and configure these computers for Block employees
- Work with various IT departments and the IT Support team to be the point person at the Block office to perform essential tasks such as troubleshooting network connectivity, testing Audio/Visual (AV) equipment, and handling inventory
- Perform small project-based work to improve IT and Block systems
- Showcase your knowledge by training other employees on new applications, hardware, and more!
Digital payment processor
Square's mission is to ensure that all businesses are able to participate and thrive in the economy. The company is building infrastrucutre for online payments.