ArsenalBio, a privately held, clinical-stage programmable cell therapy company engineering advanced CAR T therapies for solid tumors, is seeking a talented Gene Editing Intern to work for onsite, for a period of 10-12 weeks, based in our South San Francisco office.
ArsenalBio’s mission is to develop efficacious and safe cellular therapies for patients with chronic
diseases, initially cancer. With our programmable and computationally driven approach, our team is engineering living medicines to attack cancer’s inherent multifaceted nature and overcome the challenges of addressing solid tumors with cell therapy.
Driven by a collective of diverse experts across immunology, synthetic biology, molecular biology, automation and computational biology, we are united in purpose to deliver radical breakthroughs for people with cancer, and prioritize the team’s outcomes over individual goals to achieve our company mission – together.
ArsenalBio builds powerful cell therapy products using its growing toolbox of synthetic receptors and other elements to form complex, integrated transgene cassettes for cell engineering. We use gene editing to engineer T cells with those cassettes to perform research and manufacture products, and advancement of that gene editing capabilities is a major commitment. In this role, you will guide those advancement efforts, working across functions to understand future needs and current limitations. Furthermore, it will involve a close partnership with ArsenalBio’s Technical Operations group to translate improvements.
What You Will Do:
- Contribute to gene editing research efforts to increase efficiency of T cell engineering
- Develop and execute experimental plans, balanced for risk and resource intensiveness, and identify areas of opportunity based on literature and other considerations
- Contribute to decision-making processes on project teams, ensuring clear documentation and robust data sharing
What Will You Bring:
- Your whole self
- Coursework and/or lab-based training in molecular biology, immunology, protein engineering or a related field
- Entrepreneurial behaviors demonstrated by agility, accountability, transparency, resourcefulness, and ability to get things done
- Ability to quickly learn new skills and knowledge on the job, demonstrate productivity, and deliver high-quality results
- Flexible mind with ability to think outside the box, creative approach to problem solving, and comfort in working with ambiguous data in an open-ended, exploratory process
- Ability to perform as a team player
What We Hope You Might Bring:
- Some experience in cell engineering and gene delivery workflows and technologies
- Familiarity with R or similar environments for pipelining of routine data analysis
- Some knowledge of synthetic biology and immunology
What We Will Offer You:
An opportunity to work with the best talent in the field of cell therapy, and be part of ONE TEAM to advance therapies to patients who need it most.
ArsenalBio prioritizes the providing of a safe and healthy workplace that is consistent with COVID-19 public health guidance and legal requirements. In order to protect our employees and visitors, we require all visitors (candidates) and employees to present proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 when coming onsite.
We are committed to hiring the best talent from diverse backgrounds. A diverse workforce engenders richness of thought, creativity and discovery. We invite individuals who embrace intellectual achievement to bring their unique personal and professional journeys and together we will build transformative cell therapies for cancer patients.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
The estimated base salary offer for the preferred primary location of San Francisco Bay area is $25 per hour.
To all recruitment agencies: ArsenalBio does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, or ArsenalBio employees. ArsenalBio is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.