Production Engineer (University Grad)
Posted on 11/19/2021
Seattle, WA, USA • Washington, DC, USA • Menlo Park, CA, USA • New York...
- Experience in *nix (Linux, BSDs, or another UNIX-like OS)
- Experience coding in at least one language
- Experience learning development languages (Python, PHP, C++, and Java)
- Experience picking up software, frameworks and APIs
- Experience with an RDBMS like MySQL or Postgres
- Experience communicating cross-functionally
- Must obtain work authorization in country of employment at the time of hire, and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment
- Own back-end services like our Hadoop data warehouses, front-end services like Chat and Newsfeed, infrastructure components like our Memcached infrastructure, and everything in between
- Write and review code, develop documentation and capacity plans, and debug the hardest problems, live, on some of the largest and most complex systems in the world
- Share an on-call rotation with your Software Engineering team
- Currently has, or is in the process of obtaining, a BS/MS degree in CS, Engineering, or related technical discipline
- Understanding of TCP/IP networking fundamentals
- Knowledge of internet service architectures (such as load balancing, LAMP, CDN's)
- Experience performing 'guerrilla capacity planning' for internet service architectures
Parent company of Facebook, WhatsApp, Instagram, & more
Meta's mission is to make the world more open and connected— and give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together.
Company Core Values
- Give People a Voice - People deserve to be heard and to have a voice — even when that means defending the right of people we disagree with.
- Serve Everyone - We work to make technology accessible to everyone, and our business model is ads so our services can be free.
- Promote Economic Opportunity - Our tools level the playing field so businesses grow, create jobs and strengthen the economy.
- Build Connection and Community - Our services help people connect, and when they’re at their best, they bring people closer together.
- Keep People Safe and Protect Privacy - We have a responsibility to promote the best of what people can do together by keeping people safe and preventing harm.