Cloud Ops Database Administrator
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Remote • United Kingdom
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite products
- General desktop with Windows and Linux server experience
- Be available after hours and weekends as necessary for customer maintenance's
- Bachelor's Degree in related area preferred
- 5+ years' experience in database administration
- 3+ years' experience in Oracle, MySQL, MSSQL or other database scripting language
- Assist in daily administration activities including setup, configuration and monitoring of databases to ensure backups, availability and performance are all maintained to the highest standards
- Tuning, trouble shooting and on-call production support for database environments deployed in multi-AZ AWS environments both on the EC2 and RDS/Aurora platforms
- Monitor and work the JIRA ticket queue for request to make schema changes, security changes, execute scripts against the databases and refresh non-production databases
- Advise application development and support teams on process bottlenecks and provide database tuning to ensure optimal performance
- Assist the support staff to troubleshoot SQL and any other database errors
- Provide 24*7 on-call support (includes holidays) for the Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server and Aurora (MySQL/PostgreSQL) production and non-production databases
- Report weekly to management about abnormalities and critical issues; provide root cause analysis and recommendations; work with infrastructure team, application team and/or other teams for problem resolutions, following the escalation path if needed
- Deploying or migrating databases into AWS (ec2 or RDS) or any hands-on experience working with AWS or other public cloud providers a distinct advantage
- Highly proficient in one or more of these RDBMS technologies:
- MS SQL Server
- AWS RDS/Aurora (mySQL)
- Working knowledge of one or more database high availablilty scenarios such as:
- AWS Multi-AZ database deployments
- MS SQL Server Always on Availability Groups
- Oracle Dataguard
- Knowledge of one or more database data replication tools such as:
- MS SQL Server transactional replication
- Oracle Golden Gate
- AWS DMS/DMT
- Unix/Linux general administration skills and/or bash/python/powershell scripting a distinct advantage
- Knowledge of ANSI SQL Language (SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE, JOIN, WHERE, etc…)
- Strong analytical, communication both written and verbal and quality control skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with different deadlines
- Detail oriented, self-motivated and uses sound judgment
- A team player who works well with others
- Desire to learn and improve your skills
Recurring revenue software
Guidewire's mission is the be the platform insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently. The company is building a data-backed insurance solution.
- Financial: Receive market-competitive pay and incentive programs—because you deserve it! To help future-proof your income, we offer generous support through retirement savings plans.
- Health & Wellness: Keep your physical and emotional health in tip-top shape with health insurance for you and your family, an employee assistance program, annual wellness reimbursement, and access to wellness resources.
- Flexible Working: Work in an environment where you’ll have the freedom and trust to make an impact, with time for your life outside of work.
- Downtime: Relax and kick back through our generous paid time-off programs. Make a difference in your community with three volunteer days each year. Take your own personal day of rest with My Day. We also offer ample paid leave for all new parents.
- Continual Development: We encourage self-directed learning, giving you every chance to become a better version of yourself, both professionally and personally. At Guidewire, lifelong learning is here for the taking.
- Career Mobility: Your career opportunities are only limited by your own imagination. Guidewire’s community is filled with chances to expand your horizons across any of our teams or worldwide locations.
Company Core Values
- Integrity: We build and maintain honest, candid, and caring relationships with clients, potential customers, partners, investors, and of course, each other!
- Rationality: All we do is supported by factual evidence—whether it’s building awesome products, making decisions, or communicating with each other.
- Collegiality: We’re in it together—so we’re all equal. We work in professional harmony, with respect, without arrogance, and as part of a structure where responsibility is shared and owned by all of us.