Charlotte, North Carolina
6 month growth↑ 4%
1 year growth↑ 17%
2 year growth↑ 27%
- At least three years of experience building and leading engineering teams
- Experience with cloud native architectures, emphasizing security, scalability, and high availability
- Knowledge of Infrastructure as Code (IaC), observability, CI/CD, automation, and scripting
- Understanding of cloud, general infrastructure, and networking
- Proficiency in Terraform, CDK, or similar tools, as well as scripting in Bash, Python, or TypeScript
- Experience working with distributed teams
- Knowledge of modern software engineering and operation practices, including Agile methodologies
- Effective communication and strong feedback skills
- Ensure incremental value delivery and high-quality standards for teams
- Attract, onboard, and retain diverse top talent
- Develop people and teams through coaching, mentoring, and management support
- Maintain high levels of transparency, efficiency, and collaboration with other teams
- Advocate and promote leadership at all levels within the engineering organization
- Work on technical platforms and systems that impact the entire organization
- Help grow the expertise of teams in performance, reliability, scalability, maintainable architecture, and experimentation
- Experience with Agile methodologies and delivering value
- Servant leadership, effective communication, and strong collaboration skills
- Drive to learn and improve the teams
- Experience in building inclusive teams
AT A GLANCE
RVO Health is looking for an experienced Engineering Manager to join our team. Responsible for managing an experienced platform engineering team that supports multiple software teams on Infrastructure, observability, cloud security and cost management. Guiding our teams as we scale and support them in rapid delivery and iteration. In this role, you will be a hands-on player and a coach. You’ll need to have the capability to push your team’s abilities to grow them individually and as a unit, while also remaining hands-on in developing our applications and tools. Your primary focus is your team and the people in it. We expect you to build a great culture with diversity, inclusion, bias to action, and openness as our core values for the various Health-related products within the vertical.
We are all about teamwork, accountability, innovation, a customer-first approach, and a product mindset. We work hard but do so in a collaborative, fun, and flexible work environment. As a team member, you will work on important projects directly impacting our business’s evolution. You will apply your engineering skills towards building highly scalable, transactional services and highly performant web experiences. We always explore new technologies and engineer better solutions for demanding our needs.
Where You’ll Be
To prioritize togetherness, culture, and accountability, RVO Health operates on a hybrid in-office work schedule. We expect employees to work from our South Charlotte office Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday each week. You are welcome to work remotely Mondays and Fridays if you wish.
1101 Red Ventures Dr Fort Mill, SC 29707
What You’ll Do
- Rapid, incremental delivery: Ensure incremental value delivery and high-quality standards for teams you’re working with. Support teams’ strategic work in collaboration with our engineering organization.
- Learning and Development: Attract, onboard, and retain diverse top talent. Develop people and teams through coaching, mentoring, and management support. Conduct regular 1:1, goal setting, and feedback conversations with engineers to ensure their well-being and team health and support them in their learning and development. Work to improve inclusion and belonging on your team and within our organization.
- Process and Product Mindset: Maintain high levels of transparency, efficiency, and collaboration with other teams and lead with a product mindset.
- Leadership: Advocate and promote leadership at all levels within the RVO Health engineering organization.
- Organizational work: Work on technical platforms and systems that impact the entire organization.
- Technical work: Help grow the expertise of your teams in performance, reliability, scalability, maintainable architecture, and experimentation.
What We’re Looking For
- People development: You have at least three years of experience building and leading engineering teams to deliver automation, process, and support work together to multiple engineering teams across the org.. Your experience includes hiring, as well as having engineers directly reporting to you and supporting them in their growth.
- Technical Expertise: You have a strong ability to develop systems that support cloud native architectures, with an emphasis on security, scalability, and high availability.
- Software and Platform Processes: IaC, observability, CI/CD, automation and scripting
- Infrastructure Experience: Understanding of cloud, general infrastructure and networking
- Code and Tools: Terraform, CDK, or similar; Scripting: Bash, Python or TypeScript
- Remote work: You bring experience working with distributed teams.
- Delivery: You are knowledgeable about modern software engineering and operation practices and how to apply them in different teams. You have experience with Agile methodologies and delivering value.
- Leadership: You are a servant leader, an effective communicator, and a strong collaborator who emphasizes continuous learning, and you know what it takes to build strong, productive teams. You thrive on developing people and building inclusive teams.
- Learning: You bring a drive to learn and improve the teams you work with.
- Communication: You’re an effective communicator and bring strong feedback skills to your teams
Pursuant to various state Fair Pay Acts, below is a summary of compensation elements for this role at the company. The following benefits are provided by RVO Health, subject to eligibility requirements.
- Starting Salary: $144,600 - $185,000
*Note actual salary is based on geographic location, qualifications and experience
- Access to a Free Udemy for Business subscription—thousands of hours of learning content on hundreds of different subjects at your fingertips
- Health Insurance Coverage (medical, dental, and vision)
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- 401(k) with match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Parental Bonding Benefit Program
Who We Are:
Founded in 2022, RVO Health is a new healthcare platform of digital media brands, services and technologies focused on building relationships with people throughout their health & wellness journey. We meet people where they are in their personal health journeys and connect them with both the information and the care they need. RVO Health was created by joining teams from both Red Ventures and UnitedHealth Group’s Optum Health. Together we’re focused on delivering on our vision of a stronger and healthier world.
RVO Health is comprised of Healthline Media (Healthline, Medical News Today, Psych Central, Greatist and Bezzy), Healthgrades, FindCare and PlateJoy; Optum Perks, Optum Store and the virtual coaching platforms Real Appeal, Wellness Coaching, and QuitForLife.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
RVO Health is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at RVO Health is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected].
We do not provide visa sponsorship for this role at this time.