Zoox’s Experience Team works across the organization to define and champion the “Human Experience." We embrace a human-centered design process that is collaborative, data-driven, and iterative. We are growing a team of exceptional people to help invent and design unique solutions. We’ll address new challenges around AI and define interaction paradigms to advance human experience through design.
If you live and breathe design if you care about the impact of technology in our society if you can’t stop thinking about how to help improve people’s lives, and you want to work on some of the most exciting design challenges of our times to inspire and enable a better future, get in touch!
We are looking for a Senior Service Designer to join our Experience Design Team. Our mission is to define, design, and deliver the best possible experience to our customers through our innovative product and service.
As a service designer, you will be working with cross-functional teams to identify our rider’s needs and opportunities and define the service roadmap and strategy. Within the Experience team, you will be pushing the boundaries and creating a safe, fun, and delightful rider experience through our service.
- Develop innovative service solutions to solve our rider’s potential pains and find opportunities to enhance our user experience
- Work collaboratively with key internal teams championing of a human-centered approach to designing, defining, testing and delivering services
- Create relevant user profiles, scenarios, use cases and explore the holistic experience to create the service value propositions
- Include metrics to help monitor service performance through time
- Understand the technological challenges of our design and work collaboratively with cross-functional teams of designers, researchers, engineers and product managers amongst others
- Facilitate workshops and lead multidisciplinary activities
- Use your analytical skills to identify the data required and interpret it to de-risk the decision-making process
- 8+ years of experience in service design
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Design, Service Design, HCI, or a related discipline.
- Experience working with data to generate insights
- Experience with mapping, wire-framing, road map creation, and value proposition design
- Basic knowledge of design tools like Figma, Sketch, or others to create wireframes and express visually the design work
- A portfolio showcasing relevant service design work
- Proven problem-solving ability and strong user empathy
- Excellent verbal and visual communication abilities at all levels within the organization
- Experience in AI, tech or automotive industries
- Interest in product inclusivity and accessibility
There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary range for this position is $144,000 to $206,000. A sign-on bonus may be offered as part of the compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location and level. Leveling, as well as positioning within a level, is determined by a range of factors, including, but not limited to, a candidate’s relevant years of experience, domain knowledge, and interview performance. The salary range listed in this posting is representative of the range of levels Zoox is considering for this position.
Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.