About your future team
Nexient is on a mission: To rid the world of crappy software, one sprint at a time.
Every day, our 1000+ Agile developers, designers, and strategists empower each other to find passion in our work while we innovate the world. This culture of teamwork and curiosity is fueled by a product-minded approach to our work, crafting extraordinary custom software solutions and growing careers along the way.
Our clients range from some of America’s favorite brands in retail, healthcare, financial services to fast-emerging disruptors – You might have read about us in the NY Times. We’re also recognized as a Gartner Cool Vendor, HFS Hot Vendor, and America’s leading 100% U.S. Agile software services partner.
If you’re looking to change the trajectory of your career, make an impact on Day One, develop custom software on the best technology around – and maybe even make people’s lives easier -- then you belong here, with us.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Design and create infrastructure provisioning system frameworks from code autonomously
- Design and create automated application deployment system frameworks from code autonomously
- Evaluate, test, design, and create automated disaster scenario management systems
- Actively pair programming and mentoring juniors
- Coordinate incident response and triage plans
- A technology athlete capable of rapidly adopting or critiquing any new DevOps centric language and tool set in use by a client with little to no notice on the fly
- Actively conducting technology interviews of candidates autonomously
- 1+ years coding in either Python, Typescript, or Golang
- 1+ years scripting experience in bash or powershell
- 5+ years of networking experience (security, DNS, VPN, Cloud, load balancing)
- 5+ years of systems administration experience with at least one operating system (Linux or Windows)
- 2+ years experience with one of the following public cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, or GCP
Desired Experience & Skills:
- 4+ years of CI/CD experience
- 2+ years of serverless or container-based architecture experience
- 2+ years of Infrastructure as code (IAC) experience
- Can autonomously contribute to cloud and application orchestration code and actively involved in peer reviews
- Can deploy and manage the common tools we use (Jenkins, monitoring, logging, SCM, etc) from code
- Advance networking (tcpdump, network flow security analysis, can collect and understand metric between microservices)
- Experience with advance authentication technologies (federated auth, SSO)
- Fluent in Agile practices
As a vital member of our Engineering Practice, you will be part of one of our 100+ small cross-functional teams working side by side with some of the most talented developers, UX designers, analysts, quality engineers, and product managers out there.
From Silicon Valley to Ann Arbor, Columbus, and beyond – a career with Nexient will offer you:
Remote, hybrid, or onsite opportunities: Here, you decide the work arrangement that best suits your needs and preferences.
Fulfilling and challenging projects: You will be exposed to different scenarios, multiple types of clients, and the most complex business and technology initiatives.
Access to the most cutting-edge technologies: You’re always going to be advancing your skillset by learning and working with the newest and most relevant technologies available out there.
A positive and passionate culture: Boring and divided aren’t in our vocabulary. In fact, it’s amazing to see how, despite our exponential growth, the Nexient culture and community stay as warm, diverse, and close as ever.
Plenty of opportunities for you to explore and grow: We will empower you to dream as big as you want and support you to make your career what YOU want it to be.
Creative runway: We take pride in encouraging our people to question the status quo.
Our benefits program includes:
· Medical, dental, and vision coverage
· Generous PTO, plus holidays
· 401(k) plan
· Life insurance and short-term & long-term disability
· Maternity leave
· Employee Assistance Program
· Flexible spending accounts
· Health savings account
Nexient is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants without regarding to race, color, religion, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, physical or mental disability, veteran or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment for all employees. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter so that we may connect you with the appropriate team.