Director – Information Technology & Security
Remote from US
Posted on 11/22/2022
New York, NY, USA
Development Operations (DevOps)
- 10+ years of Information Technology & Security experience, with at least 3 years in a people-managing leadership role supporting highly scalable technology platforms in a product-driven organization
- Experience managing distributed teams and stakeholders at all levels
- Experience working with and managing application security programs in an agile environment
- You are adept at explaining complex and technical concepts to non-technical audiences in an engaging manner; you listen well, are quick to see and acknowledge multiple perspectives, and are a cohesive team-builder
- You have a "high-level presentation ready" presence
- Experience with financial industry security governance, including PCI DSS, SOC2, ISO 27K, and state regulations
- CISSP, CISM, CISA, Security+ or comparable Information Security Assurance certification are beneficial
- Experience with global security and privacy programs
- Experience securing Azure environments (with AWS experience a plus)
- Manage a team of highly skilled security engineers and IT project managers
- Provide technical vision and strategy for this space; design and lead technical roadmaps and take full responsibility for planning, overall execution, and success of complex technical projects
- Collaborate with security and engineering teams within Zip to provide seamless support to core business functions especially DevOps, Risk, and Compliance
- Support Zip in developing and maturing the application security program
- Drive application and network security activities for Zip; evaluate, design, deploy, support, and monitor information security systems
- Influence peers and leaders with the goal of creating and maturing security programs that are aligned with Zip's broader plans as a company
- Lead the implementation of best-practice security procedures, standards, and guidelines; identify security exposures and develop mitigation plans; plan and run security awareness exercises and teach secure behavior and methods
- Lead and manage security incident response activities and forensic investigations
- Represent Zip in compliance activities such as external audits from merchants, regulatory compliance projects, and overall information security reviews
- Thoughtfully build, retain, and scale a diverse, cross-functional, distributed information technology & security team to meet the needs of the business, via mentoring, coaching, and retention strategies
- Be an integral force in our blameless culture which focuses on teamwork and collaboration
Online payment service
Zip's mission is to be the first payment choice, everywhere and every day. They give consumers, merchants and businesses around the world access to transparent, flexible and interest-free credit.
- Parental leave - Enjoy up to 20 weeks paid leave and return part-time on a full-time salary for 3 months!
- Bonus scheme - We give you skin in the game through our various share incentive programs.
- Family support - We support our ZipFam on their life journey through people policies and programs.
- Volunteer leave - Use your paid volunteer leave to Zip it forward and create change in your community.
- Reward & recognition - We love celebrating your wins and giving you the freedom to choose how you're rewarded.
- Career growth - You'll be given clear progression pathways and transparent coaching so you can truly flourish.
Company Core Values
- Customer first - Put customers before everything else
- Own it - See a problem, own the solution
- Stronger together - Think 'we' not 'me'
- Change the game - Cross new boundaries