Information Security Analyst
Posted on 1/28/2023
- Stack for startups. We're looking to hire an Information Security Analyst, GRC to help advance our information security program in a rapid growth environment
- As the GRC Analyst, you'll be building, and then maintaining, the next big step up in our Information Security Governance function. You will be supported by a highly functional Compliance governance team and an incredible security-minded engineering organization as you evolve our security framework to meet the highest global standards, piece-by-piece, on a risk-basis. As you help build our information security roadmap and the security governance function scales, your expertise will guide the growth of this organization
- Mercury is a financial technology company, not a bank. Banking services provided by Choice Financial Group and Evolve Bank & Trust®; Members FDIC
- Have familiarity with standard security frameworks (NIST, PCI, CIS, ISO, etc)
- Have strong problem-solving and analytical skills and demonstrate poise and ability to act calmly and competently in high-stress situations
- Have a fundamental understanding of accepted security practices, troubleshooting issues, attack vectors, and customer support
- Understand cloud services (we are 100% cloud native)
- Understand Governance, Risk, and Compliance as it relates to cloud engineering
- Our salary ranges are based on paying competitively for our size and industry, and all employees receive salary + equity + benefits. Individual pay decisions are based on a number of factors, including qualifications for the role, experience level, skillset, and balancing internal equity relative to peers at the company. The ranges shared are for the expectations as laid out in the job description, however we are often open to a wide variety of profiles, and recognize that the person we hire may be less experienced or more senior than this job description as posted. If that ends up being the case, the updated salary range will be communicated with you as a candidate
- Salary range for candidates in the New York City/San Francisco area is: $140,000-$161,000
- Salary range for candidates in the US outside of the New York City/ San Francisco area is: $119,000-$137,000
- Salary range for candidates in Canada is: CAD 124,500-143,000
- Help build and define cloud security posture, and enable cyber resilience
- Work with the infrastructure team to improve the overall reliability and security of our cloud infrastructure
- Work with the infrastructure team to Implement, monitor and maintain various security frameworks
- Automate cloud security controls to ensure risks are minimized
Banking for startups
Mercury is on a mission to build a banking stack for startups. The company provides banking services and APIs for startups.
- Health, dental, & vision
- Custom equipment setup
- 401(K) matching
- 12+ weeks paid parental leave
- Book budget
- Wellness benefits
- Grocery budget
- Paid lunch
- Personalized callsign
- Unlimited vacation policy (with mandatory minimum)
Company Core Values
- Think actively: Question processes. Give thoughtful responses. Find the best way instead of going by how it’s always been done.
- Appreciate quality: Take pride in crafting a lasting product. Work with the best equipment. Invest in great things that improve your life.
- Be super helpful: Go above and beyond to solve problems. Exercise empathy. Deliver magic to customers and coworkers.
- Maximize efficiency: Minimize unnecessary meetings and management. Work together with others to get the job finished.
- Act with humility: Treat everyone with respect. Leave egos at the door.
- Focus on product: Ask yourself how the product can be better today than it was yesterday.