Technical Operations, Payments
Posted on 11/3/2021
- Knowledge of and experience with payment technologies and ecosystems
- Ability to write high quality code
- Comfort using SQL to navigate Stripe's data and diagnose the scope and urgency of issues comfort with developer tools (e.g. git), and an ability to make well-scoped code changes in Stripe's codebase
- Great technical problem-solving skills, with an ability to develop a working understanding of a technical system using a variety of methods. These include (but aren't limited to): reading/writing code, reading documentation or partner specifications, running debugging programs, reading logs, asking well-formed questions to domain experts, or digging into the raw data through various interfaces
- Great communication skills, with an ability to frame messages appropriately for technical and non-technical audiences
- The will to deliver results, with an ability to establish priorities and reliably execute on solutions (often with hard external deadlines) an instinct to produce work that increases the impact of others, and helps us scale and grow (e.g. documentation, tools)
- In this role you'll be joining the Payments organization team. The Payments organisation builds and scales the infrastructure and financial partner integrations that enable Stripe to accept, manage, and payout money across many countries, currencies, and payment methods
- Technical Operations within the Payments team plays a fundamental role in Stripe's success. The role focuses on financial partner integrations and funds flow expansion by sitting in the intersection of product/platform engineers and financial partners to ensure that everyone thrives and nothing is lost in translation
- Technical Operations partners closely with various other payment and infrastructure engineering teams to deeply understand and tackle the technical and real-world challenges of Stripe's payments stack
- Handle inquiries from internal Stripes and external partners' technical teams, often requiring detailed investigation and sometimes code changes
- Engage with Stripe's financial partners to drive alignment on product usage, troubleshoot and solve technical problems or breakages
- Organize and direct complex technical changes and projects between Stripe and our partners
- Identify and automate inefficient or unnecessary manual processes through code changes, partner agreements, or making and coordinating more complex code changes across Stripe
- Design future anomaly detection systems and tools to ensure that data flowing through our partner and internal systems is reliable and correct
- Collaborate across the company, including engineering, accounting, financial partnerships and product, to trace and account for billions of dollars moving through the Stripe platform
- Experience with SQL or a willingness/aptitude to learn
- CS background or affinities
- Experience in a high growth technology company
- Experience in the payments space
Payment processing platform
Stripe's mission is to increase the GDP of the internet. Stripe is a technology company that builds economic infrastructure for the internet.
- Inclusive coverage - We provide a thoughtful and balanced set of benefits that allow Stripes to be their best selves and do great work. Whether that means offering comprehensive mental, physical, and medical health plans, supporting Stripes’ financial futures, providing fertility benefits and parental leave, or making sure Stripes have access to healthy food at the office, our robust programs put Stripes and their families first.
- Growth by way of learning - We are voracious learners and teachers. Our Education team delivers an onboarding and product training curriculum for all new Stripes, and hosts expert-led courses on things like project management fundamentals and macroeconomics. Beyond the formal program, Stripes are constantly sharing knowledge with each other through conversation, documentation, reading groups, and informal talks.
- A principled approach to food - The food program holds a special place in Stripe’s history and future. These Stripes come to our kitchen from a breadth of backgrounds and experiences, and focus on one proposition—respect. This is apparent not only in the local ingredients they work with or in the gracious, teamwork-driven buffet lines, but also in their approach to growing a global team through sustainable food practices and minimal waste.
- An environment of growth
- Intentional communication
- Fast-paced, detail oriented
- Voraciously curious