Senior Database Engineer
Posted on 2/1/2022
Chicago, IL, USA
- 5+ years of production Postgres database administration experience
- Strong UNIX/Linux skills
- Experience with clustering, replication and mirroring a plus
- Strong knowledge of database performance tuning and configuration tools
- Strong technical problem-solving skills essential
- SAN knowledge a plus
- Must have T-SQL or PL/SQL experience
- Experience working with Oracle, SQL Server, InfluxDB or MySQL a plus
- Proven ability to work in an agile, fast-paced environment, prioritize multiple tasks and projects, and efficiently handle pressure and stress
- Must be self-motivated, possess strong initiative, and be willing to take on new challenges
- Must demonstrate strong teamwork and collaboration skills
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly and adapt to different work environments
- Strong understanding of and the proven ability to comply with SDLC, source control and change management protocols
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proactively manage and optimize various database platforms and related OS environments
- Perform database performance and query tuning
- Perform logical database design review and physical database implementations
- Implement and maintain production databases
- Perform database backups, restores, log shipping, mirroring and replication, etc
- Work with system engineering team on database server installation, configuration and system performance tuning and capacity planning
- Respond to production and business-critical issues and needs on 24/7 basis and rotate in an on-call schedule
Proprietary trading firm
DRW's mission is to build revolutionary finance. The company is doing this by building a system that applies modeling, technology and quantitative research to identify opportunities in the global financial markets.
- Daily catered breakfast & lunch
- Social events
- Gym subsidy
- Flexible work arrangements
- Monthly tastings
- Game room
- On-site yoga classes and meditation
- Employee led affinity groups
- Mentor/mentee outings
- Trivia nights
- Educational opportunities
- DRW-sponsored sports teams
- Poker tournament
- Private mother's suite
Company Core Values
- Integrity - In order to collaborate thoughtfully and build strong relationships, we value transparency and hold ourselves and our people accountable.
- Critical thought - We like solving problems and discussing technical and research topics. We question what we think we know.
- Learning - Continual growth and exploration, both formally and in our day-to-day interactions, helps build our skills individually and as a team.
- Challenge consensus - We achieve the highest standard of success by challenging our decision making every day. Our formula? Strong opinions, loosely held.
- Preparation - Always be prepared for the expected and the unexpected. We adapt as the markets evolve, and in-depth research helps us do that.
- Respect - Our work environment is diverse, and that diversity makes us stronger. We collaborate thoughtfully, and hold each other in high regard.
- Sense of urgency - In a fast-paced industry, we adapt and are always ready to act. Priorities shift, objectives evolve and we move quickly to adjust.